Time of death 10:16 EST…

Well it has been fun hosting my own little piece of “E” real estate since 2007 but there is a time for everything and imo the time for in2thefray to close has come at, about a quarter past the hour of 10 PM.

I put up my blog in a wager to myself out of the commitment that the elections closest to my heart would play out a certain way. This has not and looks to be improbably not the way it is meant to be.

I am saddened by this to a degree I doubt I can put down. There are so many levels I am totally convinced my country and my childrens future have been irrevocably altered. I am fully aware of how dire and dramatic that sounds but I also know myself pretty well and am comfortable with the level of knowledge I have about the world around me.ergo I know this to be true also.

In the coming weeks I may very well be able to return and post those farewell blogs I had planned in this scenario. I will also soul search as to whether I just close or delete the blog in its entirety.

In any case I wish to quickly thank all those who have stopped by and shared their thoughts and opinions. Goodnight and goodbye. Alfie

1. Raji says:

Alfie, whatever your decision I just wanted to say it has been a pleasure and if you close down you will be missed.

Raji said it beautifully. Alfie, whether your politics are right or mine are right, one thing has been proven … we have a resilient country. Take heart my friend, it’s not the end of the world.

Thank you Raji. I have enjoyed “meeting” you.

Thank you Rutherford. I have to say I have learned a lesson I did not enroll for and am not happy to have on my CV. Blessed are those that don’t have political sides and are so stoked with apathy they need not worry about what may or even is happening around them. I don’t think I can be one of them. I also know I damn well can’t be the guy that points out Obama blunders and missteps for four more years.
    See you in the Farewell Fray published TBD. Until then and in case etc…. Good luck and best wishes for you and yours and by that I mean wife & family as opposed to Durbin,Reid,& Obama.

5. Victoria says:

Alfie,

Your posts have been insightful, informative and, at times, downright entertaining. I am saddened at the thought of your departure from the blogsphere and urge you to reconsider. Although I can understand your disgust, nay, your dismay at the travesty that occured on November 6th, I truly feel that you do yourself and others a disservice should you close Fray. As a daily lurker of Fray, I must tell you that your posts have annoyed me, saddened me, scared me and educated me. They have made me laugh (Cooper Chronicles). They have opened my eyes to issues that I was not aware of or even knew to ponder. They have directed me to STRATFOR, Der Spiegel and other sources of news and opinion. I suggest, dear Alfie, that you take time and rid yourself of the dismay, allow the disgust to fade away and in turn, garner the drive and determination to be the rational voice of Right that you have in the past evidenced through this blog and continue to the source of informative reason. You could have not written so passionately, if you did not have a deeply instilled calling to be such a voice. To quote Henley, “Under the bludgeonings of chance, my head is bloody, but unbowed”. Do not allow the idiocy of people cause you to drop the sight-line of your vision. If you do – you let them win again.

Regardless of your decision, I thank you.

6. Raji says:

I agree with Victoria’s post. Alfie, your blog offered so much more than just politics. The directions you have sent me have broaden my horizons and awakened a dormant brain. My life in the 60’s and 70’s evolved around international finance and global awareness. As does happen my life took a 180 in the mid 80’s and I walked down a different path. My interest has returned. Sometimes we do not know our impact on others until we leave the arena.

7. Alfie,
    You’re always welcome at The POTR of course. Hope you change your mind though and keeping driving on.
    -POTR

8. As someone who has been doing this for six years myself now, I understand the motivation to step away, and I admire the resilience of those who do it day in and day out. I might feel different if I was doing it for money, but I in truth I do it mostly because I feel compelled to point it out when people are doing it wrong. Life seems to be getting in the way of this more and more often, but I am ashamed to admit that during the last four years there have been so many things that are wrong that it has been difficult to address them all, and instead I have addressed very few. Hang it up, or just take a long break. Either way, I understand.

Take care, Alfie. Enjoyed the camaraderie, the laughs and the thought provoking posts.

I’m burnt out on political debate, these liberals a waste of flesh. I will fight the good fight with other tools at my disposal, and instead of hurting their feelings, I will do my small part quietly to turn their life into financial misery and ruin.

Time to starve the system and I believe long overdue to for civil disobedience. My new motto. Crash the system and let them burn.

Let us know what becomes of you.

@ Tex will do. Have one more post coming out by the weekend. Then I’ll have decisions of my own to make. Thanks

@ BIC I’m taking one last shot and then I,not unlike Tex,will be looking for real world solutions and actions. I have to confess though that I was half tempted to just stop pushing the car and hop on in. America is going to be in for quite the shock when the combination of new in the car entries plus the pusher flight occurs. All down hill from there man.