Fakers and Shakers….

A quick and easy read with links is available at the Daily Caller that looks at some of the fake crimes perpetrated upon the US public. My quick take follows:

It is an amazing thing that so many people are willing to disgrace and in some cases deface themselves in the pursuit of political hay. How people gobble this stuff in the first place is a testimony to how stupid the general public is. I probably shouldn’t be that harsh but really…what’s up with that?

I recognize as much as the next guy,probably more so,that truth is often stranger than fiction. We all do live in a society that has experienced some seriously fucked up stuff. My question if I were to pose one is, Is it purely human nature that we seem to want to believe some of the stuff out there?

I don’t know. Maybe it is all wrapped up in our collective psyche. I for one hope we get enlightened soon and stop falling for every little hyped thing that somehow strokes some preconceived notion within us. That that could happen is perhaps as fake as the stories I’m railing against.

Alfie

The point is well taken Alfie and I give the partisan Daily Caller kudos for including a number of Republican false flag incidents in its article. The broader point is how reality is being skewed through our various media outlets. When I see some of the stuff folks on my blog are reading about Libya on sites like the Blaze and Fox News, it’s understandable why they are so outraged. I submit it’s no coincidence that these sites have focused on Libya while the MSM has not.

The MSM is dealing with real stories that can be fleshed out real time. They are giving the Libya story the time it needs to develop based on facts, not conjecture, not anonymous sources, not rumor. It is in the best interest of Fox, the Blaze and other anti-Democrat outlets to inflame the Libyan story.

Our country is fat on lousy diets, both of food and ideas.

By the way, hope you weathered Sandy ok.

Well I hope you don’t count me and my last comment on your most recent as such. The latest dots I’ve seen are not encouraging that we had our eyes open.[edit update]***by this I mean we either were not looking all along,plus up to choosing our involvement in Libya. Also folks clearly don’t have their eyes open when they say things today discounting so horribly what they should’ve seen before***

Yeah we made out fine. No power issues and two trees down on my property and my responsibility. One of my neighbors down across their new fence and gently resting on my shed…they will be dealing with that one.

What many of the folks on my blog fail to understand is I’m not excusing what happened in Libya. At the very least, someone should have ordered Stevens to go to the slightly safer Tripoli until after 9/11 had come and gone since that day was a likely day of unrest.

When the investigation plays out, folks culpable should be counseled and/or fired. Procedures should be put in place to prevent a recurrence. Funding should be guaranteed to protect our diplomats. Obama’s responsibility is to make sure all these things happen … in addition to finding the actual killers and bringing them to justice. The notion that Obama should resign or be impeached over this is, at this point, absurd. If the Commander-in-Chief were to resign because of any loss of life in his chain of command, virtually none of our CiC’s would serve out a full term.

The folks over at my place need to calm down and let the wheels of justice turn.

6. Raji says:

There are some really sick people out there. People are drawn to sensationalism. Just look at the magazines that sell in the check-out line at your local grocery and people believe that stuff. Reality has been replaced by virtual realty.

7. Raji says:

My opinion is there were matters going on in Libya that led to the downplay of events leading up to this tragedy. I hope Alfie it doesn’t mean we were not looking all along as that would be a scarier position to have to consider.

@ Raji re sensationalism et al…so very true.
    As for your other comment. I’m actually in the camp that if those are the two scenarios I think I am hoping that either via incompetence,arrogance or ignorance we weren’t looking. To me the alternative is we watched and did nothing.

On a housekeeping note I’ve moved the milestone widget to a more prominent location. I’m working on two posts. One the hopeful and celebratory kind of thing in which I hope to announce some new changes and co-post stuff. The other of course the dreaded thanks and goodbye kind of thing.
    With that said I think I’ll only have two new posts before Election Day.

10. Raji says:

Incompetence, arrogance or ignorance is scary, the alternative is criminal.