Romneys bashing the Panda is the wrong idea…

People point to US Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney’s stance on China as being wrong-headed. On the world stage this is backed up rather vociferously by a number of the alleged “in the know” crowd.

Where the fuck are they on stuff like this?

The European Commission, the EU regulator in Brussels, “should give sufficient attention to the impact this would bring to our relations” when it starts a trade investigation, China’s envoy to the EU, Wu Hailong, told reporters in Brussels today. Such probes are “not constructive” and can be a “double-edged sword” for European businesses that supply Chinese manufacturers, he said. Bloomberg

The Euros have a legitimate concern over how China has cornered the solar panel market thus screwing the local talent and the Chinese put out a threat,err I mean statement like that. UN-FREAKIN’-BELIEVABLE

Alfie, since this is not my specialty, help a brotha out. What would be an analogous relationship between two companies in the US that would mirror the relationship between US and China that Romney finds so intolerable? I’m having trouble understanding this on a global scale so perhaps if you could provide a domestic analogy, it might make more sense to me.

I don’t know if it is the best fit but think back to Microsoft stealing from Apple and screwing Netscape

OK so to be very generic we’re simply talking unethical business practices.

Kinda but you got to ramp up intent and malice. You see there is the big rub because the actions of the corporations and the government are in cahoots in a way that exceed examples in Americas history. Be advised YEAH I’m counting the railroads and Panama Canal.

Panetta on the job…fears for stability in the region as Japan,Vietnam and the Phillipines are all done with the Panda/Dragon bully. I seem to remember a post about this.

UPDATES OF INTEREST
    Protests rock Japanese companies in China. Panasonic,Canon,Honda and Mazda close facilities.

2. First victim if China retaliates? Possibly Ford aka no govt funds US auto manufacturer ,Ford was looking to launch high end vehicles into Chinese market.
      3. Auto manufacturing with a China US twist…mmm where have I heard something on that. Oh yeah here on this very blog regards GM and SAIC.

Obama files trade complaint against China automotive manufacturing dumping. This one has at least three legs: 1. Some crucial US electorals at stake over the practice. Obama sincerity in question.

I guess I’m confused. Do you agree with the complaint being filed or not? Who cares about sincerity? Gays rejoiced when he advocated marriage equality. Didn’t make a damn bit of difference that it appeared to be an election year pander. Same with Hispanics and the Dream Act-lite that he invoked.

If it takes an election season for a pol to do what you think needs to be done, then so be it. Result is the same regardless of “sincerity”.

I do agree but that doesn’t forfeit my right to question to what degree he means it and how far he’ll take it. I am not the first to call into question his motivation. I am ahead of the curve I think on the ramifications and players part. As for your other entrants I think those speak well to the mismatch you have regards inclusiveness and the concept of being President of the United States. The irony is we have had a discussion before how Obama has tried to be the POTUS to all Americans. Sadly during the election cycles he is uber guilty of compartmentalizing and separating folks

Just have to ask….doesn’t that bother you even a little?

Yes it does. But pure politics bothers me a little. The idea that anything good comes out of a political process is truly a miracle.

How much of that shift is due to American corporations outsourcing jobs to China without fear of any “punishment” from the government? To that extent, I’d give Obama a face slap for not stemming the tide of outsourcing faster. I do believe he plans to encourage insourcing with tax incentives.

I’d think it is unlikely to be much and its because of a weird twist in the Game China represents.
    The thing with China isn’t so much that any given country is literally shipping work out,outsourcing or offshoring it or whatever you want to call it. China quite simply is an engine with one gear and one destination.
    To me China represents a severe paradigm shift in what has been viewed as job loss.