Playing that tune again. Holy $#!^

Yeah I get that the image is offensive but that is kind of the point. Let’s talk about it.

1. First a history lesson. This is a tweaked image that was originally created by the Nazis to denounce Jews,Jazz and stuff like that.I feel that speaks to the themes I’m going for when I use it. This is the second time I have btw.

2. I don’t get addressing AIPAC period!

3.I don’t understand what President Obama was thinking given *[edit] the speech,audience,other speakers and the overall status of the world and specifically the region/country in question.

4. Is Obama playing the election year dumb ass card?

5. Does anyone think Iran was/is impressed?

6. Is Israel moved?

Sorry folks I think the whole thing is wasted air.

Dog you can make a real comment that shows some thought and appreciation for reality otherwise your comments will be deleted and the process of teaching WordPress and Akismet that your IP is spam will commence.

By no means do your comments have to be favorable.I can’t imagine that ever happening since you would clearly deny the sky was blue if I posted it,but you have to be more than a flamer/spammer.
    In the case of this post I’m sure you were front and center on the poo flinging squad for GOPers that spoke at AIPAC so clearly you could have that angle,especially seeing as everyone that knows you knows you’re pretty much anti-Israel & anti- Zionist if not plain old anti-Jew.
    I also find it hard to believe you couldn’t muster up some muttering on overall US policy.
    Although I doubt you’d ever call Obama out on a policy perhaps someday you’ll find the courage to be honest with someone you enter in2 a dialog with.

The Dawg. 😆

What does Yeller do? Patrol you board 24 hours a day to be firsty?

If you were a bastard like me Alfie and not such a fair guy, you would grant me the rights that the insufferable Graychin gave dimwit over at their feckless, untraveled blog.

Instead of deleting Yeller’s comments, you should allow me your “moderator” to edit Yeller’s comments, then you can lie through your teeth and deny it like Mr. Insufferable. 😈

Bet I could provide a few yuck yucks for the world. And since Dawg is much too dumb to have a sense of shame or recognize when he’s been insulted, no harm, no foul.

1. OK, I’m still a bit puzzled at the relevance of the image. Are you suggesting within the historical context that Obama cares about Jews about as much as the Nazi’s did? If that’s the sentiment, methinks it a bit over the top.

2. I think Obama has addressed AIPAC every year. I’d have to do some research to see if other Presidents have done so too.

3. This point leaves me grammatically stumped. I honestly don’t know what you’re getting at there.

4. No, as I said I think he goes there every year.

5. Iran is like the Honey Badger. It doesn’t give a sh*t.

6. Hard to tell. We get Israel’s view of Obama/USA through the skew of the MSM. It puts butts in the seats to paint this picture of an Obama/Netenyahu rivalry. I suspect Bibi knows when the chips are down Obama will be there. Obama isn’t tossing 70 years of foreign policy down the toilet.

Here’s something I’d like your opinion on. I heard a day or so ago that Iran is party to a nuclear non-proliferation treaty/agreement. Israel is not. Where is Israel’s commitment to stop the spread of nukes? Why won’t they even admit they have them? Why do we tolerate the subterfuge?

Rutherford point for point @ you:

1.I think the image plays to potential sentiments and themes. Some of those are Obama having promised change hasn’t followed through. The “boy” serving the “man” is on display in the image and that is key imo.
    2. No need to research an AIPAC speech is a must do for the Oval occ and aspirants too. My ! on addressing AIPAC cuts across bipartisan lines.
    3.it might not help much but giving should be given. This particular appearance was a total Iran bitch slap that contrary to a stressed talking point was total sabre rattling.
    4.Given the heavy Iran theme I disagree.
    5.I don’t get the honey badger love in but I think Iran is happy this speech happened,especially since it coincides with their recent elections where moderates were invisible.
    6. I don’t think Israel believes the USA anymore nor really cares in a case they feel truly threatened. That said I agree with some of your take. I actually think right now Syria is a more pressing issue in the halls of true power in Israel than Iran,a close second.
    Your question is spinnable. First Israel is committed to stopping proliferation much like others who have nukes. This is what kinda makes the NPT hypocritical,selfish and laughable. The reverse works for Iran given that they are in the nuke biz for energy and weapons NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY.Let me be clear though,I can buy Iran viewing nuclear weapons as a M.A.D./defensive thing not as an offensive component or sellable item to a jihadist movement.

5. I can buy Iran viewing nuclear weapons as a M.A.D./defensive thing not as an offensive component or sellable item to a jihadist movement.

Mutually Assured Destruction is only a concept that works with rational actors.

Iran’s last rational actor was the Shah. Ahmadinnerjacket has not in any way shape or form hidden his intentions toward Israel. But hey, let’s give chimpanzees box of matches as they sit in a tinder-dry forest. What’s the worst that could happen?

M.A.D. as a deterrent relies on rational actors,although even at that I don’t get the rationality found in Cold War level of warheads. Anyway I used the term M.A.D./defensive for a reason. I believe Iran wants nuclear weapons for a defensive response not first strike capability. They also want them as the negotiation point that the North Koreans use them for. M.A.D comes into play simply because the launch of nukes pretty much results in equal or greater responses in kind. Seriously one mushroom in Israel clearly equals multiples in Iran,Mecca and Medina.

If Israel could get them off. Doesn’t take an ICBM long to travel two small countries. But my bigger concern is not an ICBM but the proxies of Hezbollah and Hamas, who would have no objections to using them, who they would sell to the highest bidder, and the ability to hold the Strait of Hormuz.

I think we do ourselves a disservice by debating over “the bomb.” The real key is fissile material, because Iran already has a detonation device and have had for years.

Once Iran obtains fissile material of any quantity Alfie, the genie is out of the bottle and bombing their production plants is a moot point.

I don’t see Israel has any choice in the matter, and war is inevitable. My question remains, what does America choose to do? Netanyahu is a smart fellow – about a billion times brighter than the dim bulb for POTUS. And he very shrewdly last week put on record for the entire world to see, Baracky is now on record of his support. Brack can’t weasel his way out of this one.

Israel wins with its wit as much as its weapons. Too bad we don’t have a statesman like Benjimin Netanyahu.

I believe Dawg subscribed once upon a time and therefore is notified of posts. Why he bothers to drop in,no idea. It is in his power,not mine oddly enough to unsubscribe.

*I think Israel is standing alone and knows it. In relation to this posts themes I think it is pretty clear what happened.

*Obama spoke to AIPAC to maintain a staus quo.

*Obama spoke to the actual leadership of Israel and offered nothing.

*Israel unmoved by Obama one way or another as luck has it had cause to strike into Gaza killing two juicy targets.

*100 + rockets fly into Israel so reprisals happen with a death toll in the teens. *The world voices the predictable outrage.

*As of Sun 5:30 EST I’ve seen comments about gas prices and the US soldiers killing spree in Afghanistan. I’ve not seen any US official comment on the latest goings on in Israel/Gaza.

*Some would say Obama has issued the green light and is staying mum. I don’t buy it.

One thing that occurs to me that is kind of interesting. Iran is to be feared when the country they want to wipe off the face of the Earth already has nukes. Israel is playing potential victim when currently they are way stronger than Iran. Could it be that Iran fears for its future?

Absolutely. Iran fears its own people.

And during 2009 during Iran’s Green Revolt, Obama did absolutely nothing. Regime change may have been there for the taking and your hero was too busy with Cash for Clunkers and Obama Care to notice. 😡

The two faced-ness of this argument boggles the mind. Obama is blamed for Egypt going into the hands of Islamists. Obama is blamed for supporting Libyans whose political intentions were not known.

If Obama had supported the Iranian uprising, he would have been blamed when some new flavor of Islamists took over the country.

You also conveniently forget that the leaders of the Iranian revolt explicitly told the USA to stay the hell out because it would hurt their credibility.

You obviously didn’t read the article I linked. Here, let me help you out.

First sentence…

Mideast: During their brutally suppressed protests in 2009, Iranian freedom fighters sent the White House an urgent memo calling for help. Under Obama, America ignored it.

The memo, written by leaders of Iran’s Green Party after the summer 2009 anti-government demonstrations, was obtained by the Washington Examiner.

The document confirms GOP candidate Rick Santorum’s charge that the U.S. squandered an opportunity to undermine the government established by the Ayatollah Khomeini three decades ago.

It would be awfully nice if Obama hating IBD published the full memo instead of words out of context. Notice the quoted passage doesn’t specify the kind of help requested or required.

So what was Obama supposed to do? Send in troops? Drop in supplies? And regardless of the contents of “the secret memo” how would our involvement have been spun? The truth is the freedom fighters would have been viewed as an arm of the US government.