Quick Fray:Andrew Riggio=village idiot

So there is a Yahoo contributor who writes that the Focus on the Family ad aired during the Pats / Broncos game on Saturday has some baggage:

seems un-American…

I find this line (the entire line) to be plain stupid. It is an ad- PERIOD. It doesn’t matter what it promotes, it is an ad. For crying out loud it was far better than yet another erectile dysfunction medication ad.

It was shady for Focus On The Family to end with a call for donations.

It is a fucking ad!!!! That’s what ads do,they are meant to get you to cough up some of your money. Whether it is for a NGO or a pharmaceutical company or chips or a candidate for office.

The NFL should reject such ads and give the viewers what they tuned in to see: All football, all the time.

I  actually agree but I don’t see it happening since the networks need to pay the NFL upwards of 1 BILLION dollars to carry the games per the new contract that runs till 2022.

As far as I know it’s legal to purchase ad space and display advertisements like the Focus On The Family commercial.

Mr. Riggio you probably should have opened with that line and left it at that.

Yahoo

1. who? says:

Speaking of fascist fundies…..
    They need to mind their own business.

OK, I’m going to get into trouble here but what the hell …

Alfie, I do agree with you that an ad is an ad is an ad. They pay the price, and they get their “product” placement. We can say that’s end of story.

But what does strike me is … when children have been filmed singing about how Obama might make our country better, lots of conservatives lost their lunch and popped blood vessels. Why is it any more acceptable to have these children mouthing words fed to them by adults (let’s get real, how many of those ACTORS could really recite John 3:16)? As far as I’m concerned, it’s child exploitation, plain and simple.

And while we’re on the subject of John 3:16 and the Broncos, let me get this straight. Why is it that Tim Tebow kneeling in prayer during FOOTBALL games is not offensive to Christians???? Doesn’t that trivialize religion big time? Like God or Jesus or whoever gives a flying f*ck about a football game? Jimmy Fallon’s “Tebowie” video is more than just a fun spoof. It speaks to how ridiculous some of Tebow’s behavior is.

“Jesus Christ to Tim Tebow
    Please leave me alone.”

Bravo Jimmy Fallon!!!

Who is the #1 culprit in perpetuating all things tebow?

I love you R ‘cuz ur honest. That’s right which is why i love how they are now the #1 source for blow back too.

On your other points I’d say that the FoF video “cast” could be counted on to be likely from a pool of followers and or at least believers. I for one find it far and away less exploitive than the infamous Obama chanting episodes.( “Mmm mmm mmmBarack Hussein Obama”.) Did you ever endure Sunday school R?

Also I think it can be said that the demos for the NFL and its audience are more religious than other sports. Long before TT you’d hear a player thanking God in a post game interview and don’t get me started on pre game prayer sessions etc.

Dog take a lesson from Rutherford about offering intelligent opposing viewpoints,you come off worse than the Yahoo yahoo.

Although I’ve embedded the YouTube video I don’t recall the call for donations on the TV broadcast and I was in tune with the ad running because it kind of surprised me it was rolling. Surprised but by no means offended.

No matter your opinion of Tim Tebow, there is no doubt the kid has had a positive effect on the nation and especially the NFL.

It’s refreshing to have a football player that (1) Has a brain, (2) hands the football to the ref after scoring, (3) acts the gentleman, (4) realizes football is a game, (5) feels blessed instead of entitled, (6) each week, brings a kid to the game to have a special place on the sidelines.

What is there not to like about Tim Tebow? He can marry my daughter anytime.

I wish there were hundreds of more Tim Tebow types in sports.

7. And I thought that Super Bowl advertisements had evolved into an art form… Actually, advertising on televised NFL games has overall come a long way from back in the sixties. That said? If you got the coin then play your schtick.

8. “Like God or Jesus or whoever gives a flying f*ck about a football game?”

That’s not why Tebow Tebows.

Tebow doesn’t pray to ask for something. He prays to say thank you for what he has been given. Not the win. But the physical and mental ability to win.

I’ve been a Broncos fan since 1986, and Tebow made a crappy season fun to watch. His public religious actions don’t bother me in the slightest. Frankly, I wouldn’t care if the guy lit pentagrams on the field and sacrificed chickens before every game. If I see Orange and Blue on the field in January…those are good times!

9. Thanks for having something to say about my writing. If you hated that article the link to my Yahoo! Contributor Profile appears below. Feel free to visit and see other articles that will probably drive you just as crazy. Cheers!

You read like a unseemly character, woefully confused, twisted and perverted, diseased – and you carry the mark of plague – you’re a lib. One look was enough to make me nauseous.

Your picture too. 😈 Don’t quit your day job.

By the way Alfie, I was just following Fat Albert’s Andrew’s advice from his own blog. Hopefully the punctuation and grammar were spot on, because ridiculing that blob was too easy. 🙂

Andrew is no stranger to controversy, and enjoys reading comments from his readers even when they disagree with him. He feels that vigorous debate is the best kind. He suggests his readers recall the old adage: “If you can’t say something nice, at least ridicule the author while using proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.”

Mr. Riggio
    I’ll leave it to others to do so,I’ve seen some of your stuff and just lets leave it at: you’re not my cup o’ tea.
    The piece in question though seems to have struck a chord with many (over 2700 comments) and reveals I’m in the majority that find your thesis a fail.