Uggghghhhh!!!!!!!!

I learned years ago that you can’t go to a Ron Paul place and inject reality and I fear that taught me a bad lesson. I’m blown away by support for Herman Cain to a point that I have given up on engaging the pro-Cain folks.

Ron Paul sounds good but for me reality always trumps him. His big talking points that garner the most support from the [snicker] masses [snicker] seems to be the Fed,non-interventionism (see isolationism) and dramatic slashing of bureaucracy at the federal level.Usually tha elimination of departments within the Cabinet. The talking points sound good but have no basis in reality since Paul has nothing but the talking point. He fails to present the how to do’s and how to deal with the fallout of all his positions. I need more than a talking point.

Herman Cain on the other hand is an idiot on foreign policy,a red meat rhetoric moron on domestic issues and an idiot on the economy with his 9-9-9 plan. Not to mention that a slice of Godfathers Pizza ranks right up there with licking a turd imho. What can I say being from the Northeast I’ve had real pizza in Boston and New York.

Just had to vent that.

1. Who Noz says:

Where are the comments on the rest of the loonies?

I have one candidate I like.I have two that there exists a level of dislike as well as angst over the passion of their supporters. The others are irrelevant to me.

My recent move to Chicagoland has had a similar effect on me. Once you’ve had Northeast pizza, there is no valid alternative. There are folks who swear by Chicago style pizza but I don’t get it. For my first few weeks here, I couldn’t find a triangular slice to save my life. They cut a round pizza in square slices!!

As to the substance of your post, Alfie, you’re not going to want to hear this but Sarah Palin lowered the entrance requirements for high political office permanently. Now anyone (see Donald Trump) thinks they can run for President and any evident ignorance is just the by product of an attack-dog left wing media machine. Cain is simply benefiting from the media-as-enemy strategy implemented by Palin.

It doesn’t help that Politico went with a story that could only cast doubt without any specifics, thereby bolstering Cain’s support. I personally view Politico as the loser in this “scandal”.

4. OK. My Pissed Off Tree Rat reality (hazy and questionable on the best of days) is that the Republicans Party purists will put Romney up against Obama. There will be smoke and sparks from the field but the desire to field the most marketable candidate to kick Obama’s ass out of office will trump all. Neo-Conservatives and Libertarians will be gnashing our teeth at the barely right of center nominee but we’d vote for the fraking Mailman to get Obama out of office. Well ride Romney hard after the election but will vote for him anyway.

5. jonolan says:

You think of Romney as ANY level of Right of center? Please! Obama’s best shot in 2012 would be to dump Biden and put Romney in as VP. They’re two peas in a pod.

Of course Biden is much better assassination proofing than Romney would be, since NOBODY is going plug Obama and put Biden in the big chair. 😆

Got to tell you Alfie – though I’m an anybody but Obama fan, the only one that is remotely qualified to make the necessary changes, and it pains me to say this, is Newt Gingrich.

Don’t know if he can win, but he is infinitely more qualified than any other candidate. I suppose now that Rick Perry has laid an egg in the debates (I still love his ideas), Mitt would be my second choice because he is the most electable IMO.

I just don’t think Romney would be willing to appoint the right SCOTUS (I keep thinking of Souter), nor have the nutz big enough to take on the Left.

@tex I like Newt but I wonder sometimes about his desire.

8. jonolan says:

One BIG thing to remember – retaking the White House is great but strengthening Americans’ grasp on Congress does a lot more for our nation. We could even let the little boy have his 2nd term as long as we made sure to hold the House and the Senate.

Don’t lose sight of the fact that there’s a lot more seats up for grabs in 2012 than just the Presidency.

9. an800lbgorilla says:

R, a 1/3 term jr. senator from Illinoise who has never had a job was qualified how?

How’s that economic genius working so far?

@jonolan true that! I’ve said it elsewhere that I sincerely hope people are looking into local and state elections as well as the congressional redistricting and races. No matter the POTUS if We the People don’t universally apply some thought on the entire election landscape we will get the government we deserve and it won’t be good.

11. an800lbgorilla says:

Yeah, the real money is on the Senatorial races, which I think the GOP takes. It won’t matter then, but it’ll be nice to see Obama fall.

12. jonolan says:

Yes, it would be nice. It’d be a strong bit of symbolism and would send a strong symbol to our domestic enemies to oust Obama in 2012. It’d be hollow symbolism though, if we don’t maintain and expand our hold on the Legislative though.