GZM crowd=fashion morons…

I’m not a supporter of the 51 Park or Ground Zero Mosque or Cordoba Institute or whatever you want to call it but when I saw an article about a Ground Zero construction worker being harassed because he looked muslim my curiosity was tweaked.

This is an image from the YouTube footage. I’m thinking if Under Armor is really making takiyahs we better warn half the brothers in the NFL,just saying.

1. bvilleyellowdog says:

That “highly dangerous” Imam worked for Bush. Is Bush Al Qaeda? Beck had him on his show in 2006 as a buddy. Beck is clearly Al Queda. “All for my rights – but nobody elses.” All part of the GOP-Teabagger “MINE MINE MINE and to ^&()&$ with you” mantra.

3. Alfie, thanks for the post, albeit with a bit of humor. This was the incident I mentioned @ BiW that he was oblivious to.

“oblivious to”?

I think you are confused. “Unaware of” would be accurate. I actually have a full time job, so I can’t see everything on the intarwebz, and while disturbing, I don’t think it equivalent to a pony-tailed hippy-wannabe jackhole cursing out a holocaust survivor and saying vicious and unprovable things about him.

“Oblivious to” would be when we GIVE YOU THE LINK and ask for your carefully considered opinion on it, and you choose to ignore us.

4. Natassia says:

I doubt that man feared for his life. He certainly didn’t look too worried wandering through the midst of a bunch of angry Islamophobes. (I hate that word so much that I love it. Weird. I’m going to use it all the time now.)

I think going the tea bagger route is wrong and quite frankly over done but ok.
    I would point out hat it wouldn’t be crazy to believe a construction worker in NYC:
    voted for Obama
    Votes (D) more often than not.
    More likely to have an American flag than a Gadsen flag.

Whether he had fear or not is actually kind of irrelevant. Mob mentality is never good. As I put forth with some humor my observation of the UA symbol being pretty apparent on a grainy YouTube still I think face to face blue helmet guy should’ve woken the f#$% up.

7. Natassia says:

For being a “mob mentality” it didn’t strike me as very mobbish. Protesters within the “mob” were successfully holding one another in check.

BIC I agree with you except this

The potential for physical violence makes it just about equal imo.I suppose I could give points that the construction guy could likely stand his own for a few but where could have this gone? Personally I think it had more potential for real harm than the other incident which had it gone much further someone would surely have stepped up,even in the Big Apple.

Natassia,I disagree. He obviously benefited from some of the saner folks but was ultimately shown the sidewalk by NYPD in the interest of keeping the peace. When the regular NFL season starts check the sidelines. There will be UA skull caps a plenty

10. Natassia says:

Alfie, why was he insisting on standing within a group of protesters if he wasn’t interested in protesting?

I am in no way excusing the pushy and rude and presumptive behaviors of some of the protesters, but I’m just wondering what could possibly have been his motive?

And if he really was “in danger” why would it take the NYPD moving him to the sidewalk? Why wouldn’t he go there himself? Obviously there were people in the crowd very willing to shield him.

This whole thing seems rather bizarre…and if this particular instance is the worst example of “mob mentality” one can find for this protest of the Ground Zero mosque…well, I’m just not too impressed.

I am not aware he was insisting. I also see no proof that he was attempting to rile the crowd,they seem to have taken false and idiotic offense to him.

I’ve come across public gatherings and not had a clue what was up. In one case in Canada I was essentially swept up in a march.In D.C. back in ’08 I noticed an increase in law enforcement at the Capitol and was like “Hmmm what’s going on” I fortunately got my fam out of the area. Klan march in which the counter protesters got wild. So I don’t think this had to be or was intentional.Oh yeah I also totally remember a weekend in NYC and it seemed like every other block had a parade going. I was really ticked ‘cuz I was trying to get somewhere.

From what I saw people (3) seemed to actively shield him. Others obviously gravitated towards him to flaunt their signs and talk some smack. Shielder #4 tan blazer is questionably NYPD

I do hope this will prove to be the worst case scenario

12. Natassia says:

But this wasn’t a moving parade.

And if he just happened to be “caught up in it” why did he stop to argue? Why didn’t he keep on moving?

There was plenty of open space around him in the direction that he had originally been heading.

I’m thinking he deliberately walked into the crowd, looking for some kind of response.

The guy cussed at the crowd, big time.

Like I said, the whole thing is bizarre.

Either we didn’t watch the same video or someone has a case of variable application of the Constitution. Also and this is important since this is/was the pint of the post.
    He is wearing and Under Armour Skull Cap!!!!!!!

14. Natassia says:

Alfie, what I was saying has nothing to do with the Constitution. I was simply discussing the REALITY of what happened and why, which includes questioning the actions of the man who was “accosted” by the “mob.” I certainly wasn’t making a judgment call, especially to the legalities of it.

Regardless of the brand name on the cap, most people probably weren’t paying attention to the logo. What caught their attention was his aberrent behavior–strutting through a crowd of protesters–with an appearance that one might see on someone who is a member of the Nation of Islam. He looked like a thug, plain and simple. And believe it or not, the most popular religion among black thugs and gangsters (if they even bother to ascribe to one) is the Nation of Islam.

Now, I know the NOI is not really Islamic but it is an equally hostile belief system, especially towards white Christians.

So, were some of the protesters in the crowd jumping to conclusions? Sure. But it is not difficult to see how they came to the (allegedly wrong) conclusion that “Kenny” (yeah, I heard somewhere that Kenny is his name) is a Muslim.