Iranian military folks are too funny…

From pressTV

“Americans can be certain that in the event of a ground, naval or aerial attack against our country, they will be faced with a crushing and decisive response which will be much more fatal and crushing than their initial act [of aggression],” Mehr News Agency quoted the commander (Brig. Gen. Ahmad-Reza Pourdastan) as saying.

The hits just keep coming from Tehran. I imagine this was primarily meant as domestic slop for the masses after stories of the ok for special ops folks to enter Iran for intel missions was leaked by the NYT. That and the daily need for the regime to prop up its pathetic limp dick nature. The Iranians have some weapons and some location. They do not however have the ability to withstand the international ass whooping that would be,nah will be unleashed upon them whence they fall,or jump(?) into the fray.

1. Hucking Fypocrites says:

“They do not however have the ability to withstand the international ass whooping that would be,nah will be unleashed upon them whence they fall,or jump(?) into the fray.”

If I am reading this right, it suggests there would be an overwhelming international response against Iran if the US launched a pre-emptive attack.

I’m not so sure that would be the case.

2. bvilleyellowdog says:

I would be very careful before advocating any attack on Iran. Iran is remote, large and highly populated, and highly militarized . Much more difficult than Iraq or Afganistan. The US military is already at the breaking point. Do they do a lot of blustering? Sure. But don’t let Zionist neocons like LIEberman convince you that attacking them would be either justified or easy.

3. There is no need for us to attack Iran. Let ’em keep building their nukes and the Israelis will do it, and it will be quick, decisive, and crippling.

Huck…I’m not calling for a preemptive strike. I do have concerns for a Tonkin/Pueblo kind of thing though as both sides have proven they are up for it.
    Dog…Again not calling for a strike.Iranian population very open to better relations with the West. Regime sucks.The bluster is dangerous there and now as it has been throughout history.

5. BIC…I don’t see how the Israelis pull it off although the region is showing signs of solidifying within their camps.

They’re called F-16s, and they know how to fly them.

I’m more of the airspace and range guy.Any targets to my knowledge are farther than the Iraq effort.

The other thing to mention. The oft lauded Straits plan is what would assure international response. More to Irans advantage is the continued infiltration of Iraq and Afghan theaters overtly and via proxies.

The Sauds will provide Israel the airspace.

8. Hucking Fypocrites says:

Alfie, I realize you aren’t calling for preemption. But the quote you’ve based the post on assumes preemption.

Elric…There have been on again off again indications that may play out.
    Huck… As I said I imagine this was primarily meant as domestic slop for the masses after stories of the ok for special ops folks to enter Iran for intel missions was leaked by the NYT.

No need to call for preemption when al-Thuggy sides with the islamic world. Besides he is too busy with his war on America to hit Iran right now anyway.

We may be very glad we’ve got airbases in Iraq. 😉

You ask me, blowing the shitte (no pun intended) out of Iran is about 31 years overdue. Mahmoud needs a thermobaric bomb launched through his front door.

Ding Dong! 😈

12. an800lbgorilla says:

It’ll take a test before anyone takes them serious.

I don’t see Israel attacking Iran without a smoking gun- especially with this administration. If they get it, then all bets are off, but until they have something, the only thing they can do is wait and pray.

The good news though, if and when that smoking gun develops, the Arab stakes will be all about supporting Israel’s operation. Hopefully we will be too…

13. hippieprof says:

I suspect Russia and China would get into the act were anything to be done against Iran – Russia in particular. That would be a real mess.

Tex said: We may be very glad we’ve got airbases in Iraq.

The cynic in me says that was the entire reason for the Iraq invasion in the first place. Don’t forget we have bases in Afghanistan too – which borders Iran on the other side.

HP don’t be so cynical and by all means keep in mind that Afghanistan air bases receive more than give. They receive from an airbase in a former Soviet sat btw.
    We also have the game of playing by SOFA’s etc so violating the sovereignty of the two countries we are in is unlikely.
    China is unlikely to get involved other than playing a selfish diplomacy role. they like the oil although I think in Asia Japan is the biggest consumer of Iranian oil.
    Russia on the other hand has some serious economic ties that risk fraying. They have in the past cancelled missile system orders though and the reactor…well I don’t know the status of that since Russia seems to lord that over everyone concerned. On a weapons front since the Russians have dramatically opened up shop in Latin America I think they can “afford” to lose some short term Iranian sales.They could also be possibly counted on if they can perceive keeping hands off as akin to exerting soft power in the lower former vassels and being respected.

Still funny you guys think the US might act with an antisemite in the Whitehouse. Hilarious

Hippie,

🙂

Consider it a fringe benefit.

But I believe Elric is correct. With the gutless and shallow Obama in the Whitehouse, I would be very surprised if Israel didn’t go it alone. We might assist in some way, but it would definitely be under wraps.

Tex,

Israel has no choice.

I think something that is related and interesting is the current thawing of sorts of Saudi/Syrian relations and that a concerted effort by both appears to be afoot in Lebanon.
    This could be very good news for the people of Lebanon

“This could be very good news for the people of Lebanon”

As long as islam exists, its never good news

20. Hucking Fypocrites says:

“I’ve seen other stuff on it and it is interesting to think hezbollah will need to step up and make a choice very soon.”

In the past when Hezbollah has been faced with the question of the need for its existence, it has responded by provoking Israel into a conflict.

Yeah Huck I know. I think what has to happen is hezzie swallows and BFF Iran. At least then escalation is palatable

22. theantiv says:

Hello. Just to let you know I added your blog to my Blogroll since I thought it was interesting, especially considered your political views.