GM…why am I supposed to be happy again????

Seriously the new GM is doing great. No seriously it has seen some sales spikes. Sure it was primarily due to the sale of pick ups,ya know the kind of vehicle the CAFE crowd hates to high hell.

Perhaps we should face up to the fact that any good GM is experiencing is due to the Brazilian and more so Chinese markets,with the latter also buying up GM subsidiaries so as to eventually get a Chinese car into the USA market.This won’t be a plus to GM or America no matter how ya slice it.

Add to this that the Chevy Volt,the car that was supposed to save GM and America will see no more than 10k units in 2011 and you may possibly get a hint of why I’m not happy,or buying a GM any time soon.

1. Nothing about GM in the last 36 months makes me happy.

But then I’m not a member of the UAW with a pipeline in the the Taxpayers’ back pocket, either.

2. graychin says:

Why is Alfie supposed to be happy that GM is regaining financial stability and market share after its spectacular bankruptcy?

Is it because it provides hope that the American taxpayer might get back his investment in GM (whatever he might think of having made that investment in the first place)? Naw – that can’t be it.

Maybe it’s because of the thousands of American jobs that were saved when GM was saved – looking at a “glass half full” instead of only the jobs that were lost or went overseas – “glass half empty” when GM collapsed. Naw – that can’t be it either.

Or maybe it’s because the Obama Administration might be able to take some credit for saving jobs that would otherwise be lost by bailing out GM. And if the Treasury gets its money back and even makes a PROFIT on the deal, that would be the cherry on the sundae – right?

Yeah – that’s why Alfie should be happy! 😀

3. Hucking Fypocrites says:

Gonna be kind of difficult to repay loans when they keep paying off loans with other loans.

4. Hucking Fypocrites says:

I just got moderated…without a link

Huck had nothing to do with me. For some reason the comment went to SPAM. I have no settings,triggers etc for that action.

6. Hucking Fypocrites says:

Yeah i figured it wasn’t you. Damn automation….

graychin,
    I meant everything I said in the post. I’ll add that the two GM scheme doth not inspire.
    As for the taxpayer making money back the only payment We The People have gotten was with our own money. GM is still over 70% owned by the US and Canada governments.Current GM shares are at like ???? ¢¢¢¢¢’s. Pending IPO on “new” GM is a yet to be seen.
    As for jobs saved. Really? I also beg you to have the big picture. The picture that will be real whether or not Obama is in the Oval and that is that GM is still failing let alone flailing and that a legacy US manufacturing is best dead than Red.

Huck for what is worth i clicked on “not spam” so if you,your IP,e mail or something is getting flagged spam elsewhere on WordPress hopefully folks hitting not spam will cure it.

9. graychin says:

Looks like my comment disappeared too. The one that you responded to – right after Huck’s last comment. And it didn’t contain a link!

Maybe you are having the same problem with me that Tex and others had at my blog.

I’m not showing anything. no flags,no spam no pendings. If you posted a comment and its gone I don’t know what to say.gray what was the makeup of the issue you had?

Whoa this is kinda freaky. My last comment went to “pending” then appeared without me doing anything.

12. graychin says:

This is exactly what my blog was doing that Tex Taylor complained about so bitterly. But then he’s bitter about almost everything.

Alfie, your post that begins “I meant everything I said…” was responding to a post of mine that has vanished.

13. These times are difficult not for GM only. Quite a lot of companies have been suffering from the crisis. The only thing left for us is to hope for the better!

Alfie, so are you having the same technical problems Graychin was having at his blog? Really? Does your blog add the word “Troll” to posts that don’t favor your position automatically? How about automatic editing of entire paragraphs to be reworded according to ‘WordPress’ wishes? Graychin’s WordPress blog had the unbelievable intelligence to “modify” and “edit” parts of posts, delete sentences within paragraphs, etc… Unbelievable “artificial” intelligence. 🙂

Of course, BIC caught Graychin in a huge whopper earlier this week, so I was never “sure” that Graychin was being terribly honest, as his personal record of commentary anything but.

But then he’s bitter about almost everything.

Is this from the man who complained bitterly and passionately to the point of condemnation when I quoted him scripture? 😐