In2 Some Quickies…

Hoyer is Right…

A top House Democrat said Tuesday that tax increases will eventually be necessary to address the nation’s mounting debt, raising a difficult election-year issue as Democrats fight retain control of Congress. AP/Yahoo!

I don’t like the term “cost” when we talk about the government getting less of our money but taxation is a necessary burden and responsibility in a democracy.Coburn is equally correct in his calls for responsible spending too.

McChrystal?

Rand Paul and the unemployment thing

I think his comment shows a lack of one thinking things through before you open ones mouth. The long term unemployed are unemployed for bigger reasons than laziness or obstinacy that they should have x job at y salary. I will say this though. Some real leaders better emerge soon and get America to wake up that a new wave of employment migration needs to happen. If it was someones job to wait for that to happen…they’d never be unemployed unfortunately.

Housing dip and mortgage bailout

I can’t find the story today but City Journal had a great article on how people in troubled mortgages would bail regardless of the government intervention.

1. bvilleyellowdog says:

Tax increase? Easy.
    1) Roll back the Bush tax cuts for the rich. Tax cuts for the rich in the middle of a war – now that was stupid.
    2) Tax hedge fund capital gains at capital gains rates – no brainer.

Taxes are lower now than any time since Ike. They will go up. I know the something-for-nothing-crowd aka the teabaggers – you know those old folks on Medicaid and Social Security won’t like it – well tough.

If taxes are so low now, I how come I pay 213% more in city and state sales tax than I did 35 years ago on the dollar? What was 4¢ on the dollar is now 8.517¢ on the dollar.

We don’t really call them tax increases anymore. Like higher education, the word fees and services is so much more palatable than tax or tuition increase.

And remember – if the Bush tax cuts just happen to “slip” in seven months, that’s not a tax increase either. 😉

Dawg, when you going to volunteer to do my chemistry problem for me? I need some of your “PHD” expertise….

You seemed to have conveniently snuck away from my challenge on the previous thread. These are pretty easy problems – 2nd semester inorganic chemistry. Should be a piece of cake for a PHD. How much time you think you would need?

“I think he cares about those under him but his public stance is unbecoming of an officer in his position. He should be fired.”

So what about the CIC that doesnt care about those below him and his attitude is unbecoming of a CIC? Who fires that marxist jerk?

Senators Challenge Pres. Obama on Rumors of Executive Order Amnesty

Seriously. You dont think he is trying to rip this country apart intentionally?

6. graychin says:

Balancing the budget will require some combination of cutting spending, raising taxes, and growing the economy. Probably all three.

Rand Paul is seriously out of touch. You can’t just “go out and get a job” if there aren’t any jobs available. And for many people – there just aren’t any jobs available. How well will Paul’s nonsense play in Kentucky – which has a higher unemployment rate than most states? We’ll see in November.

Well, the Congress could try to impeach the CIC for…. some reason. That won’t happen. Otherwise, the American people could fire him in the 2012 election. That isn’t gonna happen either.

“Well, the Congress could try to impeach the CIC for…. some reason. That won’t happen.”

Not with this corrupt Congress.

“Otherwise, the American people could fire him in the 2012 election. That isn’t gonna happen either.”

I dont think so either. He wont make it that long.

8. graychin says:

It’s delusional for anyone to think that we can put the federal budget back into sustainable shape without tax increases – after almost ten years of saying that “deficits don’t matter .”

Tex – if you are unhappy with your state and local taxes, I suggest that you complain to your state legislators. Having Republicans in charge of the legislature for a change hasn’t helped much, has it? The high sales taxes in Oklahoma obviously aren’t enough at either the city or state level.

But don’t forget that nice State income tax cut that you got from Gov. Keating!

Elric, I’ll be honest. I think Bomba is going to walk away from the mess he’s created and move to safe sanctuary to hide his riches he has stolen. Is Chicago safe? I don’t think he wants to be President anymore.

He’s going to get in as many rounds as possible at taxpayer’s expense before he walks. The man is in complete denial now. The entire world except for the enablers is turning on him.

10. graychin says:

I dont think so either. He wont make it that long.

Alfie, please elaborate. If the “corrupt” Congress won’t impeach Obama, why won’t he “make it that long” – until 2012.

Do you know something that we ought to report to the Secret Service?

Tex,

Maybe. I dont know if the American people will allow him to walk away. Especially if he does this Amnesty through executive order. Interesting the drone wont comment on it.

What’s delusional is to think that tax increases are going to increase employment and get the economy moving forward. You punish achievers, small business owners, and corporations yet can’t understand why the country continues to flounder. You have proven to me among your many questionable skills you boast, economics doesn’t appear to be one of them. You’re so far out of whack, you’d cut you would saw your arm off with a butter knife to keep from admitting you and your fellow brain dead clan have proven themselves utter failures every step of the way the last seventeen months.

And I’ll remind you the insufferable Graychin that it was you and your ilk pushing for stimulus packages and tax credits that were going to keep unemployment under 8%. I’ll also remind you that cliche of “deficits don’t matter” should be hung over Obama’s Oval Office since he has tripled the yearly deficit in 17 months, being in 17 months, your master and messiah is responsible for over 26% of the accumulated national debt. You of the Keynesian economic theory have still got the altar of candles in the cabin centered around a picture of FDR, so I didn’t expect much different.

P.S. – your reading skills continue to slip. My answer of sales tax to show your twin useful idiot going by the name of B-Dog was full of shit about his claim taxes have never been lower. They aren’t. The cost of living has never been higher when the aggregate mix is considered.

gray…uhhh what?

On taxes I recently finished Romneys book No Apology and found a host of reasons he won’t get elected and none of them are related to his faith. One such thing is his call for responsible taxation. Some taxes cut or eliminated,others in place and bottomline responsible budgeting (entitlements) and spending. It’s along those lines I tossed Coburns name in the post.

Elric…that is what elections are for. Even at his worse Obama is still the POTUS and shouldn’t be undermined by his officers. It should be noted that there are a number of previous comments and actions by the General that if I were POTUS I’d have canned him then too.

I like the way the wall feels on my skull…..
    I’m a sucker for trying for dialog. Here’s a piece about some Dems being the beneficiaries of some$$$ love from the financial markets.
    Now I have to admit I haven’t picked a side on that other than I’m leaning we’re about to overshoot.
    There is of course the case of Mr Dodd too.
    Money+politics=x

You know what Alfie. I’m going to post this too at Rutherford’s blog, but I’ve been reading and I’ve been thinking. And the more I have thought about this, I think the fix was in. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but let’s face the facts.

Consider this about Obama:

Opportunities abounded and doors flew open before he knocked on them, obstacles and opponents miraculously removed, resume builders thrown his way, no setbacks, no contretemps, all embarrassments and all records buried, all the while surrounded by hard-left activists, yet no high school, college, or law school friends or girlfriends have turned up? No accomplishments but two memoirs?

Have you ever known a terrorist? Have you ever heard a 20-something being selected to hand out $100 million? Have you ever heard of a law review president who submitted no articles? Have you ever heard of someone getting a Nobel Peace Prize based on future results?

Isn’t all this a little too coincidental? Throw in the serendipity of running against a weak opponent, and we get a malignant narcissist as Commander-in-Chief.

I find all this rather disturbing myself. Almost supernatural…

“Elric…that is what elections are for.”

So the jerkoff can do whatever the hell he wants and we must cling on the hope we survive as a nation so we can can his ass? Interesting you didnt comment on al-Thuggy considering Executive Order to get amnesty through? How much of a dictator does he have to be before you show real concern?

Elric I didn’t comment on the executive order because the only reputable news I’ve seen on it is about how Obama has chosen specifically not to issue an order on behalf of some college students who are dreaming of the Dream Act.
    I don’t believe the rumors,don’t believe an xo can be issued on that extent. With that said I do partially agree that Obama is holding back on border security for bargaining.I won’t call that treason but will call it sick politics and hold him and his supporters accountable for that. I am now and always will be a border first person as that is a cornerstone to my mantra of Sovereignty Matters.

Tex I’m in the it’s a perfect storm camp. I think back on his DNC speech about how he was going to be a Senator still in two years…

“I don’t believe the rumors,don’t believe an xo can be issued on that extent. ”

Really? He extorted 20 billion out of BP. He is circumventing the courts to regulated the internet. Hard to believe with all this thuggery, you still give him a pass.

“I won’t call that treason but will call it sick politics and hold him and his supporters accountable for that.”

Slick politics? Allowing the borders to be open to anyone, including jihadists and drug lords so he can pad his voter base isnt treason? Geeshhh…. I would have thought after 18 months you would have got that RINOitis out of your system.

The 20 billion was a negotiated settlement in the best interests of BP. I firmly believe it’ll prove to be a victory for BP more than Obama. The FCC is acting as much if not more on its own bureaucratic agenda. The actions of many departments and agencies are riddled with a history of acting regardless of the Oval occupant.
    btw I called it SICK politics…not slick

“The 20 billion was a negotiated settlement in the best interests of BP. ”

Really? It was unending, unconstitutional and how the hell do you know it will be used right? I guess abuse of power doesnt bother you too much.

“I firmly believe it’ll prove to be a victory for BP more than Obama.”

Sure it will.

“The FCC is acting as much if not more on its own bureaucratic agenda. The actions of many departments and agencies are riddled with a history of acting regardless of the Oval occupant.”

No its not. Try looking who the marxist placed in charge at the FCC.

“I have not given anyone a pass and invite you to revisit my comment in full:and hold him and his supporters accountable for that.
    btw I called it SICK politics…not slick”

I did. You call putting Americans lives and sovereignty in danger for future vote as “sick politics”, I call it Treason.

24. hippieprof says:

Concerning Rand Paul: I think his comment shows a lack of one thinking things through before you open ones mouth.

Starting to look like a pattern, huh?

“Starting to look like a pattern, huh?”

Like your “president”

26. hippieprof says:

I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but let’s face the facts.

Tex, there should be an easy test of this. He has been photographed often enough, and with enhanced digital technology I am sure someone will be able to find that “666” etched into his skull….

“I am sure someone will be able to find that “666″ etched into his skull….”

al-Thuggy isnt bright enough to be the antiChrist. A puppet perhaps.

Correct Elric,

As usual, Hippie misconstrued the meaning of my post. What’s new?

Obama is too stupid to be the decision maker – he’s a puppet on strings for some very powerful men. But somebody obviously has groomed this gullible ignoramus for a long time for a high level position to carry through for some real trouble.

Those I listed are more than coincidence. I dare Hippie to dispute any of that.

@Elric…ok you perked up some curiosity.
    You seriously believe BP was steamrolled? I know the buzz is that the 20 bn isn’t capped but as I said elsewhere I am extremely confident that if anyone looks to BP for more than that it goes to court ala Valdez. In the case of Deepwater Horizon the litigation is exponentially greater than the Valdez case. For BP it’s capped at 20 billion and they have 48 months to raise it.BP,if it survives commercially, and I think it will,will realize a victory.

No its not. Try looking who the marxist placed in charge at the FCC.
    Do tell.

You need to reexamine your understanding of the word treason.

@HP perhaps but II really think America and Americans need to be very open to a new migration. Quite frankly there are jobs that are not coming back. There are jobs that may come back but they’re changing zip codes. If your side is serious about a boom of “green jobs” you all need to get on board with a migration too. Detroit once upon a time could be retooled for tanks and planes. That ain’t happening again so no Detroit turbines and solar panels. There are places in the USA that can though and I hope we figure it out before the jobs go offshore.

“You seriously believe BP was steamrolled?”

Yes and interesting you wont comment on that it was unConstitutional for al-Thuggy to do so. Was it within his authority to do it? Yes or No?

“For BP it’s capped at 20 billion”

BS. It was said its a down payment.

“You need to reexamine your understanding of the word treason.”

You need to stop trying to make excuses for al-Thuggy. You really need to choose sides. Playing the middle wont work for much longer.

Tex,

You are right. All this didnt start with al-Thuggy. It goes way back to the first progressive movement. al-Thuggy isnt the leader, he is just the vehicle to ram marxism down our throats.

Exactly…it was said to be a down payment. Wait and see I’ll be proven right.
    I’m not playing the middle. I hit O where and when I can with truth.I’m not making an excuse for Obama in the case of the BP fund I’m just saying it was a negotiated settlement. BP could’ve told him to pound sand.

Oh yeah…what about the FCC marxist???

“It was a negotiated settlement even if it was from a bully pulpit that is the Oval.”

You dodged the question if it was Constitutional or not.

“Oh yeah…what about the FCC marxist???”

What about it?

Also interesting you support the unConstititional “negotiation” from someone who is impeding the clean up so they can extort more money for damages.

1.IT WAS CONSTITUTIONAL
    2.NAME?

Again…it was / is Constitutional.
    A far superior argument would be that the Obama Administration is indeed playing a hand in impeding an as expedient clean up as possible.
    It is not necessarily a Jones Act thing but there are superior dredgers and pumps available for a price and apparently…price matters to the Admin that has otherwise pissed away tons of $$$ on other stuff.
    the arguments I hear though don’t touch on that truth.

1 Really? Where in the Constitution does it say so? Even Ben Nelson said it wasnt. You really are unbelievable.

2. Would it matter to you if I did name names? Seems not to bother you the courts said no and al-Thuggy and his FCC goons are going to do it anyway.

40. Hucking Fypocrites says:

“Kind of hard to get pissed off over something if you don’t give enough information to get someone pissed off.”

Like I said, will it matter? Does it matter if there are radical marxists in key positions? If it doesnt matter, why should I waste my time?

But then, if one isnt pissed off by now, mostly likely they never will be.

43. hippieprof says:

It would only matter if you actually cared about presenting you have something to rant about. You call the FCC commissionaires marxists but can’t or won’t name one
    As for negotiated settlement

“Unconstitutional? Give it a rest. It would be called “tough negotiation” if one of your guys did it.”

Actually no, you would call it unConstitutional if one of our side did it. Plus we would be bitching that our guy was deliberately inept in order to extort more.

“You call the FCC commissionaires marxists but can’t or won’t name one.”

You didnt answer if it would matter if there was one. Funny how you wont answer it. Im not going to waste my time if it doesnt matter to you if there is one. It would be pointless.

Elric you’re the only one wasting anyones time.I did indeed answer and you shirked away. You play the marxist card and when called on it you act like you just got caught masturbating by a parent. I won’t delve any further into the concept of answering questions with you,the irony is killing me.

47. hippieprof says:

No, Elric, it was perfectly constitutional.

The constitution doesn’t give the President any power to seize assets. So, you must wonder why they didn’t just say “See you in court…” They didn’t say that – they instead voluntarily went along. Obama didn’t seize assets. He laid the cards on the table and negotiated something. BP voluntarily agreed because apparently the other options presented to them were worse.

He made them an offer they couldn’t refuse. Like I said, tough negotiating.

I wrote about this earlier today on my blog. I don’t particularly expect you to read it, but I think my logic is pretty straightforward.

As for the other part of your post, I never said anything about the FCC, so I don’t know what you are referring to.

So you wont say if it would matter, gotcha Alfie.

As for the hippie, even Ben Nelson said it wasnt Constitutional but defended it anyway.

I gave you your answer Elric. Reread dodger. As for Nelson he stated that he did not know if Obama had the authority. He further stated that there was a moral obligation for BP to do it. And he concedes that BP agreed to it

So you wont answer?

51. Hucking Fypocrites says:

Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please Elric. PULEASE tell us the name of the marxist FCC official. It does matter to me. I want to know. I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you fucking satisfied now?

Christ…….

52. hippieprof says:

Ben Nelson? Do you think any true liberal cares what Ben Nelson says?

Tell you what – we’ll do a straight trade. Ben Nelson for Scott Brown. That would improve the “purity” of both caucuses.

Although not part of the post but since the thread went this way I’ll say:
    I’m keeping my eye on the FCC/Internet thing. I have to confess that I find points on both sides interesting. I would ask Elric & others how well does he think weaselzippers,jihadwatch,and assorted other entities would do in a world without true net neutrality? I imagine there is a real chance that even some entities of the Left would find themselves in the slow lane if things go that way.

“I would ask Elric & others how well does he think weaselzippers,jihadwatch,and assorted other entities would do in a world without true net neutrality?”

Much better than al-Thuggy and his goons regulating it.

Back to moderation I see.

So Alfie, does it matter to you if marxists are indeed in the Government?

57. graychin says:

I dont think so either. He wont make it that long.

Do you know something that we ought to report to the Secret Service?

I see that I directed that comment at Alfie. It was intended for Elric. I’m sorry for the mistake.

Elric – please ‘splain yourself!

58. graychin says:

Elric, what is your idea of a “marxist”?

You throw that word around very casually, which makes me suspect that you have no idea of its very specific meaning.

59. hippieprof says:

So Alfie, does it matter to you if marxists are indeed in the Government?

Every day Elric sounds a bit more like Joe McCarthy. I suspect he will take that as a compliment.

Hippie,

Would it matter to you if there are marxists in the Government? Funny how no one will answer that simple question.

“Elric – please ‘splain yourself!”

You figure it out.

‘Cept Uncle Joe was later proven right. 😯

Tex,

Notice they never answer if it matters? Very interesting.

Elric,

Well, of course not. Truth, wisdom and beauty mean nothing in Libbieland. What’s important is if you copied PuffHO right and listen to Butch Madcow.

Tex,

Makes you almost feel sorry for them. Especially the so called moderates who try to get along with radical leftists.

65. hippieprof says:

See, Alfie – they are going to make you into a closet liberal, whether you like it or not.

In all seriousness, it was stuff like this that finally pushed me from “independent” to “liberal.” It is not so much that I moved – it is that the center moved away from me.

66. graychin says:

Don’t feel bad about HP comparing you to Joe McCarthy. Tex considers him to have been a hero, so you’re in good company.

67. graychin says:

I dont think so either. He wont make it that long.

Elric, please elaborate. If the “corrupt” Congress won’t impeach Obama, why won’t he “make it that long” – until 2012.

Do you know something that we ought to report to the Secret Service?

Elric – please ‘splain yourself!

You figure it out.

It sounded a whole lot like a reference to assassination. Do you know something that should be reported to the Secret Service?

Should we report YOU?

“Elric, if you really want an answer to your question will you please tell us what you think a “marxist” is, and who you consider to be a marxist?”

Trying to weasel your way out of it? Thats ok, I didnt expect you to answer.

“Should we report YOU?”

Be a good fascist and report me.

As good a place as any. I hear the Senate has entered a “clean” unemployment extension bill. Now how hard was that?

“I do not believe Obama has it within him to ignore so many,no matter what others think of his narcissism he is ultimately more selfish than insane.”

Want to bet? Ive been right about him so far. He said he rather be a successful one term than a mediocre 2 term. Which means he rather destroy the nation in 4 years instead of doing good for the nation and get re-elected.

BTW You could have at least keep your latest thread open.

New York City: More Black Babies Aborted Than Born by a Staggering 3 to 2 Ratio…

This should cheer Dodger up.

New Documentary Demonstrates Rampant Voter Fraud by Obama Campaign During 2008 Primaries…

Chicago thuggery…