The Goose and the Gander…

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander

That’s a good expression as far as I’m concerned and I’d like to apply it to current politics.

My Governor Deval Patrick aka Obama Lite has said that the dissent and opposition to President Barak Obama’s administration comes close to sedition. This is of course insane as well as inane.

Let’s have some fun with images.

This is Goose

This is Gander

Stuff like this=not sedition

But if you don’t act like these folks,that DOES equal sedition.

Dare I add the whole dissent is the highest form of patriotism thing?

Driving in2 the summer and driving me nuts

Iraq+Afghanistan+Katrina=higher gas prices =Bush,Mobil and the GOP in general suck

We still have Iraq&Afghanistan+Korean Peninsula bubbling+BP dumping oil into the Gulf instead of the supply and summer is coming. Gas prices should trend up although the global economy is seemingly altering that. My question though…when it does crystallize will Obama suck?

And you wonder why I say honest debate is impossible with these thugs.

I saw BiWC post and liked the scholarly look at Patrick,Klein et al.I’ll add that here with recommendations.Hope BiWC doesn’t mind

On a bipartisan uh-huh kind of note….
    I wonder how the country will take the line item alternative thing. I think I’d support it as long as it gets into and STAYS in the books.

From waaaaaaaayyyyyy out in left field.
    Barack Obama has a lichen/fungus named after him. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah BiC,

I thought the “Obama Lite” was a nice touch too. If Barry gets an “lighter”, we’re liable to float off the globe.

Patrick was the test subject. Same handler,same slogan.

7. graychin says:

Dissent IS patriotic! I have engaged in plenty of it myself.

Dissent: “George W. Bush and his merry men (and Condi) cherry-picked the intelligence on Iraq’s alleged WMD’s, and used this slanted intelligence in a deliberately misleading manner in an attempt to justify an unnecessary war to a skeptical public. Then they engaged in smear tactics and outed a CIA agent to stifle dissent.”

Sedition: “Barack Obama is an illegitimate president because A) he is not an American citizen, having been born in Kenya and B) the election was stolen from the American people by ACORN. Therefore his dictatorial rule is either fascism or communism (not sure) and must be resisted by all Patriotic Americans. Besides, states’ rights trump Federal authority, and states can ignore whatever Federal laws they don’t like, even to the point of secession from the Union, the precedent of the Civil War notwithstanding. The income tax amendment is unconstitutional, so no one has to pay taxes. Government ought to be a free lunch – especially wars. Because it says in the Constitution that I can do any damn thing I want and the government can go to hell. You don’t have to be a constitutional law professor to understand those simple words.”

8. graychin says:

The track record of the various line-item veto schemes is that the out-of-power party hates them while the in-power party wants them. Even our “conservative” Oklahoma congressional delegation LOVES their earmarks!

Of course, Obama only wants a line-item veto for window dressing, to make it APPEAR that he cares about wasteful federal spending. He couldn’t POSSIBLY have any sincere desire to trim pork out of the budget. Right, Alfie?

gray I can’t wrap my head around your logic.

Sedition is illegal with recent charges under a (D) administration Hutaree and an (R) administration VA case I think.
    It has always had sketchy enforcement because We the People don’t want to enforce it,or should I say allow the government to so readily invoke and enforce it.
    Your view of sedition is totally ensconced in the talking points of KOS,Soros,Olberman etc etc. I for one find it rather sad yet funny that the fans of Obama and O himself are so totally channeling that great Progressive of another time…Woodrow Wilson.Wow I look forward to being the next Debs.

10. Sedition is NOT illegal. Although laws against sedition still exist, they are not enforced because they cannot be enforced. And eleven states still have laws against miscegenation on the books, but they are not enforced because they cannot be enforced. Civilian sedition is not a crime in the United States. But sedition is still sedition.

Sedition prosecutions are extremely rare, but they do occur. Shortly after the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center in New York City, the federal government prosecuted Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, a blind Egyptian cleric living in New Jersey, and nine codefendants on charges of seditious conspiracy. Rahman and the other defendants were convicted of violating the seditious conspiracy statute by engaging in an extensive plot to wage a war of terrorism against the United States. With the exception of Rahman, they all were arrested while mixing explosives in a garage in Queens, New York, on June 24, 1993.

Do you ever tire of being wrong? The authority with which you continue to speak is non-existent, and yet you persist in claiming that what is not, is.

11. The middle paragraph should be blockquoted. Sorry I screwed it up, Alfie.

Why the hate graychin?
    Did I not say

I offered that in all honesty and not a hint of sedition. I think Obama is smart & savvy and therefore sharp enough to learn a lean center lesson from Clinton.
    Sheesh in follow up I think Reid will pull a sleaze play on the POTUS.

This theme seems to hate blockquote mark up so I tend to go the italics route.

14. I offered that in all honesty and not a hint of sedition.

You did not speak of what a boon this would be to the Dear Leader. That in itself is seditious.

Best Visualization of Obama’s “LINE ITEM” Budget Cuts…

98 seconds of the best representation of Obama’s Sincere Desire to Trim the Pork boys! 😆

“gray I can’t wrap my head around your logic.”

And yet you keep trying.

BTW Why is the POS skipping the Memorial Day service to see Paul McCartney?

Awesome ad

19. Hucking Fypocrites says:

Graychin, you have proven Alfie’s point better than Alfie did.

Bad = “Barack Obama is an illegitimate president because he is not an American citizen”

Good = “George Bush should be charged with war crimes.”

Bad = “Barack Obama is an illegitimate president because the election was stolen from the American people by ACORN.”

Good = “George Bush used the Supreme Court to steal the election.”

Bad = “Besides, states’ rights trump Federal authority, and states can ignore whatever Federal laws they don’t like, even to the point of secession from the Union, the precedent of the Civil War notwithstanding.”

Good = “States have no rights that trump the fed, and when they think they do we will cite interstate commerce clauses to remove that right.”

Bad = “Government ought to be a free lunch – especially wars. Because it says in the Constitution that I can do any damn thing I want and the government can go to hell.”

Good = “Government ought to be a free lunch – especially health care. Because the Declaration of Independence says so.”

20. graychin says:

Alfie, in no way did I intend to accuse you of sedition, and if you took it that way I apologize. Actually, you refrain from most of the nuttiest far-right anti-Obama talking points that I caricatured earlier.

But…..

“…sharp enough to learn a lean center lesson from Clinton.”

“I also wonder if this is an example of Obama looking to get to the center given the political tea leaves.”

Alfie, didn’t it ever occur to you that Obama might have always wanted to get earmarks under control? You don’t seem to think so from your comments.

Why the implicit assumption that he’s reading “the political tea leaves” or learning a “center lesson” from Clinton? Why the implication that he isn’t being true to his own beliefs?

You should understand that a lot of Obama supporters (me, for example) don’t think he is nearly liberal enough – or that he ever was. He’s much more of a centerist and a pragmatist than the ideological liberal that wingnuts accuse him of being. He is nowhere near Daily Kos and MoveOn in the ideological spectrum.

21. (I know that some of you won’t be able to resist ugly responses here, but I’ll be ignoring you. I’m addressing Alfie.)

We’re already used to you ignoring anything you don’t feel the need to answer, but thank you admitting it.

Centerist. Yeah. Centerists always feel the need to buy failing publically traded corporations with tax dollars and then put members of the same unions that contirbuted to their financial condition on their boards of directors. Such redistributions of other people’s wealth are very “centerist”.

BIC,

The drone addresses only Alfie because Alfie is the only one that puts up with his idiocy.

I believe Barack Obama,as President,Senator,State leg., person is decidedly left and more a lib/prog.and is committed to core beliefs on a wide range of issues,foreign and domestic.I do not believe him to be a centrist although I won’t take pragmatism off his list.Because I find his leadership style lacking am left to assume earmark assassination was not a headline item for him. I think he has been willing to look the other way knowing to some degree earmarks and their kin are how the congress critters get motivated, in true bipartisan fashion mind you.
    I think Obama can look at polls,election results (even the ones good for his party),that’s what I meant by tea leaves.I believe going to the Oval he had an aggressive agenda, that he felt he was supported by popular mandate and that he had a chance to grab a number of the brass rings he holds deeply. With the curbing of the national enthusiasm he is well advised to lean center.Hillary Care,BTU taxes etc were quick losses for Bill and he tacked center afterwards and that had a lot to do with his broad success. (be advised the details of the Clinton years are an issue for me)
    I fully acknowledge on many issues and in some corners globally Obama is seen as “not liberal enough.”

I guess that I am one of the few that don’t choose to ignore Graychin. He’s a valuable useful idiot to me.

Mr. Pragmatist {snort} is the consummate gauge for the coming inanity of the left. I give him a modicum of credit as he peruses around PuffHO, and KKKos, and MoveOn.org and the other communist, anarchist, and militant queer sites to cut & paste. Old Gray provides me valuable information about what the enemies of America will be using for weekly talking points. They’ve had so few lately because when they have to perform, which of course has been an abject disaster almost to the day President Numb Nuts polluted the office. Since Obama has proven such a miserable dog, they’ve drawn back to the maggot hole. Give old Rutherford credit for sticking through thick and thin.

But read his posts closely, throw in Gray’s Christian bigotry and his Racial Madcow kowtowing, and you can prepare yourself for battle with far more worthy and challenging foes.

Gray needs to get some of his buddies off the T-World board and bring them over here to even the odds – I need a place the wimps can’t run to the moderator when I twist their arm to yell Uncle. There’s some real lulus there; ACLU lite types, teacher union toadies, even his brain dead bottle filler buddy who claims to have a PHD from Cornell. Gray’s a rocket scientist in that world.

I was hoping for and I think I overestimated the potential nastiness of old Gray – he’s not as clever as I had originally thought. Libs are like that. By themselves they pose little threat, humor or viciousness – they waffle and roll over when kicked in the ass. But get the collective buzzing, and like a hive of bees, watch the stingers come out – mean and vicious little pests who vote.

Now that’s when the fun starts. 😉

25. graychin says:

BTW Why is the POS skipping the Memorial Day service to see Paul McCartney?

More fake outrage that some zombie heard on Faux News.

In 1983, President Reagan had Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Thayer represent him at the ceremony.

And in 1992, Vice President Dan Quayle laid a wreath at the tomb while Bush spoke to American Legion members in Kennebunkport, Maine, and played golf.

Where was the outrage?

26. * ROARS LAUGHING!*

Alright, I finally figured out Graychin!

He is a comedian!

“Where was the outrage?”

Let me find the Way Back Machine….where did I put it?

During first 36 days of Katrina, Bush made 7 visits to Gulf Coast…

So far on Day 36 of BP oil leak, Obama has made 1 visit to disaster area…

During first 36 days of Katrina, Bush made 7 visits to Gulf Coast…

So far on Day 36 of BP oil leak, Obama has made 1 visit to disaster area…

And while he was there, Bongo’s idea of profundity was “Plug the Hole!” 🙂

How come we never here the Noodle Arm’s score on the links? I’ll bet Bongo hits like a 90 year old woman.

Tex,

He seals everything including his golf scores. You would think with all the practice he gets golfing, he would be decent at it.

31. Hucking Fypocrites says:

I’ll bet he cheats like a MOFO.

Well al-Thuggy was never for a level playing field.

33. PanAm says:

Eyecatching, interesting and entertaining graphics/layout… Thank you for the effort…

Governor Patrick and others just can’t seem to help themselves in making exaggerated claims in seemingly trying to stifle criticism…

34. graychin says:

And the “others” belong to both sides of the spectrum. Right, PA?

35. And the “others” belong to both sides of the spectrum. Right, PA?

As hard as you spin, those around you must keep the manufacturer of Dramamine in business.

I don’t recall any conservatives giving lip service to the “almost criminal” aspect of the Left’s criticisms, nor do I recall them trying to stifle criticism. We aren’t the ones afraid of a debate on the merits. We aren’t the ones endlessly obsessing over the emotional impact of the terms used in a debate on the merits, or prevaricating with talking points on what the meaning of “is” is. And we never took every opportunity to speachify about how the other side should stop talking because we won, and we don’t want to have to hear from them when “cleaning up their mess.” We don’t cry “Racism!” to avoid actually talking about a subject, and never accused the other side of “wanting people to die” simply because they didn’t think our proposals were good for the country and its people.

If you’re through pretending to be a victim, or invoking someone else’s “perceived” victimhood to either promote what you want or deny what is, put on your big girl panties, borrow a set of balls from a neighbor, or the kid down the street, and make your case like a man.

36. Hucking Fypocrites says:

Here’s a challenge to any liberals who come here and feel up to accepting it.

Today the Obama Administration released a statement concerning the Sestak controversy, and it cited that past administrations have done the same thing.

Please show a single example of George W. Bush, anyone in his administration, or a surrogate of either, offering a paid or unpaid position to someone in order to keep them from entering a political race.

If this is such a common practice, you should have no problems finding proof.

Huck,

If it was no big deal, why not just come out and admit it? Personally I think its as bad as using tax dollars to buy votes.