GOP Populism on target…

I think there are three great examples out on the wires that the GOP has correctly and effectively tied into some common sense populism.Let’s check it out.

Arizona Senators

“You seemed to imply [the Arizona law] is morally equivalent to China’s persistent pattern of abuse and repression of its people,” McCain and Kyl wrote in demanding the apology. “To compare in any way the lawful and democratic act of the government of the state of Arizona with the arbitrary abuses of the unelected Chinese Communist Party is inappropriate and offensive.”

This is in response to State Department hump Michael Posner’s too cozy convo with Chinese diplomats. It is of course spot on.We are never going to alter the behavior of the Chinese government. Not on currency manipulation,not on piracy and definitely not on human rights. With that said to even offer up for discussion a comparison that the Arizona law rises to the level of killing baby girls,crushing monks or jailing journalists is insane.

Let’s be clear here about the more disgusting part. Posner obviously felt that some groveling was in order not unlike Hillary’s trip that looked to shore up Chinese consumption of US debt. America acting like some pathetic little beggar may give progressives wood but there is no place for it.

Rand Paul Rebound Plus

“I support the Civil Rights Act because I overwhelmingly agree with the intent of the legislation, which was to stop discrimination in the public sphere and halt the abhorrent practice of segregation and Jim Crow laws,”

and

“Even though this matter was settled when I was two, and no serious people are seeking to revisit it except to score cheap political points, I unequivocally state that I will not support any efforts to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964,”

I don’t like his daddy but I find his response to the media witch hunt delicious. Yummy!

On Arizona and Calderon

“President Calderón and other officials of the Mexican government have crossed the line and are interfering in the internal affairs of the United States,” Rep. Lamar Smith, R-San Antonio

Damn skippy brother.

1. What we need are pictures of just who applauded. Then this summers Town hall meetings could get a tad bit exciting. As in, hey you! You weren’t sent to Congress to be a surrender monkey!

Juan McVain just a few years ago was railing against people wanting a secure border. He is in an election year. Screw him.

3. graychin says:

“I find his response to the media witch hunt delicious. Yummy!”

He wouldn’t have voted for it, but he won’t vote to repeal it. That makes his position perfectly clear, doesn’t it?

The only trouble with Paul’s recent post-primary comments on the Civil Rights Act is that they are in stark contradiction to his previous statements. He reminds me of my favorite Groucho Marx quote:

“Those are my principles. And if you don’t like them, I have others.”

Obama Sends Out SEIU Thugs To Protest A Private Citizen

Welcome to al-Thuggy’s America. Feel proud Graychin?

5. graychin says:

Elric, I continue to be amazed at how dim you are. “Obama sends…” is a ridiculous Faux fiction – both that he would, and that he could.

As for the SEIU protesting in front of a bank executive’s home, are you really telling me that liberals invented the tactic of protesting in front of a private home? Anti-abortion protesters have been picketing doctors’ homes for decades. Granted, the protesters should have stayed in the street. To the extent that they didn’t, they should be arrested and punished in accordance with the law.

If I’m not mistaken, peaceful protests on public property, even in front of a bank executive’s home, are protected by the First Amendment. Do you have a problem with THAT TOO?

I knew the drone would back the SEIU goons just like the good little fascist supporter that he is.

Andy Stern, head of SEIU has been the most frequent visitor to the White House by far.

The SEIU mooks trespassed and the unionized police force failed to respond. The only good things I can say re the thugs is that they seem to have allowed the guy to enter his home and extract his kid without much hassle.
    It has to be said though that the rent a mob is guilty on every level though and deserve scorn and prosecution. They are foot soldiers in a war that has absolutely nothing to do with social justice for the common man. It is all about Andy’s power desires,unions needing $$$ and the unions desire to foment class envy.
    Disagree if you want but if you do you’re just not being honest.

I have seen nothing in Pauls comments/positions that indicate he supports racism. I do see where he supports the right for businesses and individuals to be racist and otherwise ignorant.
    graychin you’ve obviously bought into leftist utopian ideas/ideals, why can’t you even show some intellectual honesty regards a Libertarian one?
    Prove to me Rand paul and others would exclusively or even at all patronize a business that runs under Jim Crow like rules.Do that and perhaps I’ll care about your (and KOS,HuffPo,Soros&Co.) position on this issue.

Alfie,

And I have my own reasons for not liking Bank of America. But protesting people in front of their private resident is beyond the pale. But these marxist goons care not. And this will escalate Alfie, trust me.

11. graychin says:

“Prove to me Rand Paul and others would exclusively or even at all patronize a business that runs under Jim Crow like rules.”

Geez, Alfie – you don’t ask much, do you?

First, you may have noticed that businesses that run “under Jim Crow like rules” are exceedingly rare. Why? Because of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. And Rand Paul was against it before he was for it.

Second, I have no special access to Rand Paul. I can’t even offer proof of whether or not he has a reptile’s tail.

Third, I never accused Paul of racism. Dishonesty and “flexibility” in his statements, yes. But not racism.

Geez, Alfie – you don’t ask much, do you?
    Well gray welcome to the world of right of center bloggers who try to “talk” with their counterparts on a myriad of issues.
    As for reasons:
    #1. Yes and no. The north didn’t need the law as much as the south and one can make a good case that there really was a sorta role reversal between north and South in present time.
    #2. me neither nor do I have any allegiance to him. I just don’t like lying.
    #3 Didn’t say you did nor did I call you a liar btw. I will just say here and now that we’ll agree to disagree on the dishonesty/flexibility part. You have your visions,me mine.

13. graychin says:

Alfie, I can only imagine how you guys would be crucifying Obama if he made as big a flip-flop and was evasive and slippery as Paul on CRA 1964, ADA, and the Fair Housing act.

The Kentucky campaign should be good for lots of laughs. 😀

Well at the Democrat Convention in Boston he promised he was going to stay a Senator for Illinois yet two years later (not even) BOOM running for POTUS.

I enjoy it when there is a diverse collection of commenters but I have to say I’m not necessarily one of the guys.

As for Paul, you are cemented in your spot so really not much else to say since repeating ourselves will get us nowhere.

Agreed though that the KY race will be interesting if for no other reason than the lubricant jokes it must inspire.

15. graychin says:

16. Hucking Fypocrites says:

Between his questioning the civil rights act and his use of the term “un-American” to show displeasure for Obama’s criticism of BP, Rand Paul is a friggen moron who needs to seriously STFU before he does our party some serious damage. He is not ready for prime-time politics, and we have enough of those types in office already.

17. Hucking Fypocrites says:

Graychin, that isn’t what Alfie said.

You said this, “Alfie, I can only imagine how you guys would….”

You catagorized him as one of the guys you feel would do something particular.

And he responded to that placement by saying this, “…I’m not necessarily one of the guys.”

All better?

18. Hucking Fypocrites says:

And now Paul has cancelled his Sunday appearance on Meet the Press.

As I said, this clown is not ready for prime-time politics. All he can do is cause damage to the Republican brand.

“An echo chamber can be pretty boring, but if you would prefer a steady diet of Elrick and Tex Taylor, I’ll be happy to bail. Just say the word.”

Nahhhh…Your presence reassures us why we arent progressve drones.

20. graychin says:

Huck – Rand Paul definitely is not ready for prime time. But then neither were Bobby Jindal or Sarah Palin.

As for damaging the “Republican brand” – I don’t think you have to worry too much about that. 😀

Paul’s handlers obviously can’t just let him just go on national TV and recite dogmatic libertarian platitudes. But that’s probably all he’s got. I wonder if they can find some way to clean him up for polite company.

Ron Paul added a lot of color and entertainment value to the Republican presidential nominating process in 2008. I loved it when he called BS on all the other candidates whose approaches were indistinguishable from each other. Of course Ron Paul had zero chance of winning the presidency.

But Rand Paul might become a United States Senator. At least he won’t be any worse than Jim Bunning. Just think of the damage that Jim Bunning has done to the “Republican brand.” 😀

Who would have expected the safe Kentucky Senate seat to be in play for the Democrats?!?

Remember Elric and Alfie,

This mockery is from a bohunk whose own party he is so proud is getting ready to lose a minimum of eight senate seats, has already lost one that they’d held since antiquity, and could lose all of Congress in one fell swoop if the pundits are right. That’s absolutely platinum performance and something to brag about.

It’s like being the three touchdown underdog and running your mouth about how great you are, before getting knocked out of the game first quarter as they crane you fat, old ass to the meat wagon.

Patience boys, patience. Simply set these to memory, or hold them for safe keeping. 😉

22. graychin says:

Tex –

Did you notice that RINO Scott Brown, whose Senate victory in Massachusetts has given you such a tingle up your leg, voted with the Democrats on the financial reform legislation?

Brown is a better Democrat than a lot of Democrats are. But since he has to run for re-election in just two years – in Massachusetts – I expect him to be a reliable liberal vote until a Democrat replaces him.

Sucks to be you, doesn’t it?

“I expect him to be a reliable liberal vote until a Democrat replaces him.”

Why would he be replaced if he is a reliable liberal vote?

Remember when drones complain about corporations and buying elections?

Graychin,

Sure, he’s far from a perfect candidate. So you won’t mind when a few more of the Scott Brown types win in November will you Mr. Pragmatist? He also voted against health care, thinks Bongo an asshole, and believes in water boarding your brothers-in-arms.

I never get too bent when I consider my life next to yours, no matter who wins elections. While I’ve got a beautiful wife supporting my lazy ass, you’re shacked up with your invalid Ma living in Buttfuck, OK, for the remainder of your days.

That doesn’t even make it to the “suck” category. Like I said, I’m nothing if not patient. Try to remember what goes around, comes around! 😉