Dhimmi?Dummy?Thinker! Give my regards to Broadway…

The recent incident in Times Square left me wondering quite a bit. Let’s wander through the wonderings shall we?

CCTV

A lot of people have a problem with this technology. Privacy issues and other phobias seem to be the primary drivers.How ya like ’em now?

Failed or Foiled?

Sorry Mr. Kelly,Janet Naps,Ed Schultz and every other left-wing ding a ling. The Times Sq incident is pure failure not foil.

Faisal got into the country,completely tripped multiple profile hot wires,made an explosive device and deployed it. He also got away,fell through multiple cracks and got caught literally in the final moments.If he had made a better fuse we’d all be having a different conversation today.

S.3081

Faisal is supposedly singing like a bird. I actually doubt he is in possession of actionable intelligence. I hear he is under full Constitutional protection if he wants it though. Isn’t this a great example of why the bill is a good idea? I ask since so many people are so frightened by its Section 5

Enemy Belligerent Interrogation,Detention and Prosecution Act of 2010

What’s really going on?

This is the biggest one. Is there anyone that still thinks this is all fun and games? This isn’t childhood play of “Cops & Robbers”.  This is the real world and the real world has a butt-load of people who want to kill us.

People seem to be focusing on the relative amateurish nature of recent attempted attacks.I am more concerned that if the C or D list players are what we’re seeing, where and what are the A listers up to? I think one is a fool to think they fail to exist. I’m not trying to fear monger by any means;however,I honestly believe we shouldn’t get too smug.

The system worked!!!!!

Well if he was a sickly little white kid in leg braces TSA would’ve had him fer sure.

Sad but true Alfie

4. The amateurish attempts of late certainly do concern me. After all, we know that niether AQ nor the Talib are stupid. Much less amateurs…

It’s a very real possibility that the people that have been caught were meant to be caught. All the while the “A List” players go about their business undetected.

Patrick, I’m hearing you.
    Elric,I don’t know if it means anything but the Daisy Khan mentioned is looked at as a “muslim feminist” whatever that really means. I find it inappropriate to build a mosque near “Ground Zero” but would like to see a map. I think the place, if it were to be built, would be targeted by Muslims and a scene of no good news.

Its a sign of aggression and intimidation pure and simple. Especially on the heels of a car bomb threat. But NYC has a progressive as mayor, so what can you expect?

7. Hucking Fypocrites says:

“I find it inappropriate to build a mosque near “Ground Zero” but would like to see a map”

It’s 2 blocks away from Ground Zero. I will leave it to you all whether or not that proximity is inappropriate.

I, for one, do not feel it is. If it were across the street, that would be different, IMO.

On a completely crazy side track. What’s up with all the Rube Goldberg hating?
    I love how people pick up buzz words,use them without a freaking clue and if confronted deny they have been issued talking points.

Never heard of Rube Goldberg.

I only looked him up because I saw a montage of talking heads declaring the Times Sq device as Rube Goldberg in nature. So I went a wiki-ing and lo and behold. I wish I had a clip of the montage it was crazy.

All I know it was another muslim busted for attempting to slaughter Americans.

Here is another. This is why islam gives me so much concern in the US. Money quote at the end.

That last one, wow. Seen it some other places.

Alfie,

You sound shocked.

Mosque in Shadow of Ground Zero to be Headed by Imam who Denies Muslims Carried out 9/11 Attacks?

Horrible: Full video of the attack on Sweden’s Mohammed cartoonist
    posted at 8:55 pm on May 14, 2010 by Allahpundit
    printer-friendly

Via Ace, whose post you should read if only for the brilliance of his headline. Some of you will be tempted twice over to skip this: It’s long, and you’ve already seen the most dramatic bit. Don’t skip it. Force yourself through it, because it happens to be one of the most genuinely depressing clips ever posted on Hot Air. Everything about this is an utter, unmitigated disgrace — the attack on Vilks, the excruciating passivity of most of the crowd, the sheer thuggery of these shrieking, lunatic, barbarian bastards, and of course the killer moment at around 8:45 when they win. Do note, too, how the Aggrieved alternate between vicious threats and civil rights, warning the cops against brutality and reminding them that they pay taxes too. That’s a familiar pattern nine years after 9/11. They’d have torn Vilks apart with their bare hands if they could have but they’re all about proper procedure, you see.

It’s almost not worth noting the media double standard applied to violence by “sympathetic” groups versus unsympathetic groups, but Ace did note it so go read his post. Needless to say, everyone associated with the decision to stop the film should be fired immediately.

If anything warranted a dhimmi dummy thread, thats it. A shame drones never comment on it except to take shots at Christians. Which btw the exhibit had insulting anti Christian displays but Christians never react like muslims and took it in stride.

18. Hucking Fypocrites says:

I watched that video and I have to say it appears that the Muslims were totally and purposely provoked into outrage.

I mean really, who thinks a group of Muslims aren’t going to get pissed off when you show pictures of figures important to Islam while a song plays that says “I want to take you to a gay bar.”? Not to mention we were not shown the entire screen. For all we know, they were showing homosexual acts during that.

Mulsims get too pissed off over things they shouldn’t. But I don’t think this is one of them. I think this went on exactly how the person responsible intended it to.

So? No one invited them. Also no excuse to try to burn down his house. Plus the fact they insulted Christians and they didnt act like muslims. But then, Jesus never had people assassinated than insulted him like Mo-bomb-ed did. Also Mo wasnt gay but he was a pedophile. I would have went with that angle.

20. Hucking Fypocrites says:

Elric, there isn’t 1 part of your argument that is shown in the video you’ve linked, and therefore, has no place in a debate about it.

The video doesn’t say what the event is, or who was and wasn’t “invited.” If that piece of context is so vital to the argument, it would be nice if it were included. Can you offer any piece of evidence to support the claim that people were and were not invited?

No, the guy does not deserve to have his house burned down. Again, the attempted arson is not featured in the video you’ve linked showing Muslim outrage. Rather, it is a result of that outrage after the fact. It didn’t even happen by the time you posted that video, so it has no place in any argument condemning what is going on in it. It’s a seperate incident. Had you posted about that, I wouldn’t have a word to say.

“But then, Jesus never had people assassinated than insulted him like Mo-bomb-ed did. ”

The rest of your comment isn’t worth commenting on, as it has no place in this debate.

The fact is, as far as what that video shows, that filmmaker got the exact reaction he was looking for. He made a film that could not have had any other purpose but to stir shit, emotion, and outrage in a particular demographic.

Whether or not they display their outrage in a fashion we find acceptable is another matter for another debate. But I think that it is undeniable that it was outrage the filmmaker planned on getting.

If there is some context missing that actually has to do with what the video is showing, then let’s have it so we can debate this with all of the needed information.

“I didn’t see anyone getting assassinated in that video. Again, this has no place in an argument condemning the actions there.”

They tried burning down his house. Other cartoonists like Kurt Westergaard are in hiding over a even less offensive piece. This man is a marked man. And muslims will try to kill him like they killed Van Gogh because their “prophet” set that example. Kill those who insult the “prophet”. The “artist” for the “Piss Christ” doesnt have to look over his shoulder.

And if you want to white wash this because you are too lazy to look up other facts go right ahead. For some reason, people are willing to excuse muslims for barbarism. When other religions start acting like muslims for being “offended” you can make that point.

And as for the invite, I meant they didnt have to go. They probably went so they can be “offended”, act like typical “offended” muslims and have dupes make excuses for them.

You want to see what islam is doing in Sweden? Google Malmo. Do your homework.

“But I think that it is undeniable that it was outrage the filmmaker planned on getting.”

So? So you are saying islam should be excluded from the same type of insults other religions receive because muslims cant restrian themselves from acting like……muslims? Wow, thats unbelievable.

Huck….
    I haven’t and probably won’t spend time watching the 10 minute embed but I have looked into this and there is of course much more to this story.
    This seems to have been an organized event at the college. It was about free speech and the film Vilks was showing parts of was filmed by an Iranian. The video ,about homosexuality,has been pulled from YouTube.
    On the other end of the spectrum the cartoonist is provocative to say the least,he has even named his guard dog Muhammad.
    So it would seem the protesters had every right to be there. Attended to take a stand and make a scene.
    I think the cartoonist is a classic button pusher. The kind of guy some especially leftists enjoy. He has his niche and it seems not unlike Fitna via Wilders there is a legit free speech thing cooking.
    All in all it seems he wasn’t home during the attempted arson and the police stood up for law and order at the event.Escorted the cartoonist out,baton and pepper spray to the protesters.
    I have to sign off and continue my therapy due to the Bruins losing.

“I think the cartoonist is a classic button pusher. The kind of guy some especially leftists enjoy.”

Actually no. The guy is willing to take shots at islam. Something the leftists avoid like a plague. Much simpler to keep the insults towards Christians. Christians wont try to burn your house down and try to break into your house with an axe in order to chop you up.

25. Hucking Fypocrites says:

“So? So you are saying islam should be excluded from the same type of insults other religions receive because muslims cant restrian themselves from acting like……muslims? ”

No that is not what I was saying.

And I shouldn’t have to do a bunch of extra research when someone presents a video and I comment on the contents of that video. If people want to add extra context, it is their responsibility to properly support it. It isn’t my responsibility to seek out their support.

Thank you for adding some fair and balanced facts, Alfie. And thank you, Elric, for the conversation.

“What I was saying was that when someone seeks an outcome, we should not be surprised when that outcome occurs. That was really the entire point I was making, and no other.”

I doubt he was surprised either. Anyone that muslims react this way are sheltered or ideologues. But as for islam being excluded from criticism, well its happening. Condhimmi Central is proving that point. But its ok to build a 13 story mosque on the ruins of the WTC and open it on 9-11-11. But draw a cartoon of Mo-bomb-ed and you get a death sentence.

“And I shouldn’t have to do a bunch of extra research when someone presents a video and I comment on the contents of that video.”

I take it you didnt google “Malmo”. 🙂

STOCKHOLM (AP) – A Swedish artist whose drawing of the Prophet Muhammad with a dogs body angered Muslims said Sunday he doesn’t feel safe in his home at night, after a week of attacks against him.

Gee why would he feel that way? Like I said, he is a marked man, he will be hiding for the rest of his life.

28. And the Swedes are about to crank up gun control. I sure as hell hope that the common Swedish citizen remembers their Viking heritage, and have a rather big Axe or Broadsword on hand, along with a shield that will stop AK 47 bullets…

Pat,

The Swedes are lost like the rest of Western Europe.