Thank You? Are you f@#$ing kidding me??

I am actually exhausted. I am recovering from some insomnia as well as just being burnt out. I wish everyone a great weekend,except the President. He can go f@#$ himself.

Hope you get some sleep. Hate to let you in on this but in the SPECIFIC area of taxation, 95% of those earning less than $250,000.00 should be thankful. I’m ok with the Tea Party protesting gov’t overreach, terrible deficit, apologetic foreign policy BUT most of them got a tax break. On that, they are simply full of crap. And that’s all Obama was talking about when he said he expected thanks, not griping.

2. LOL says:

Oh boy! $12 a week!

I better get down and bow in thanks.

Tell us, is it the law yet that we dip lower than the President goes when he bows to people?

This idiot is mortaging the future of this country, and he wants thanks for $12 a week.

Sorry, but I am not bought that cheaply.

3. El Tigre says:

Rutherford, of course he was referring only to “income tax” — it has and must come from every other source until it’s necessary for the poor suckers down the road to raise income tax rates to mind numbing levels to service the debt he has and will take on. Yeah, thanks for stifling business, economic growth, employment and mortgaging our futures and that of our children. Oh, and requiring increased state and local taxes, increased healthcare costs and capital gains (of course that only applies to people dumb enough to save and invest). My favorites, the VAT proposed “windfall retirement savings tax” as an avenue. Thanks a whole *$%^&ing bunch. Oh, but I forgot. You need only stick your head out of the door and see that there were no meteors falling and land masses falling into the sea today to know that he has a wonderful plan.

The arrogance and snarky juvenille logic applauded by his drones is beyond galling.

Rutherford, I’m guessing you don’t have children. If you do, you should be sick to your stomach not defending Dear Leader’s expectation of gratitude for having graced us with his presence. But I guess he can’t be awarded another Nobel Prize for his immense contributions.

Rutherford you’re being dishonest.First you know the biggest alleged tax cut is not a cut. It was a “loan” from our collective Social Security funds. It was dispersed to people even those that don’t pay taxes in the first place. Again not a cut but an entitlement.
    The Tea Party folks seem to be as upset about the taxes that are forthcoming. It also must be said that a number of folks have been complaining about certain taxes for quite some time. Taxes such as corporate (I mean mom and pop shop not Wall St) and estate tax. Ugh that is one of the worse.
    Obama has done himself no good offering the comment and with the tone he did either.

I can somewhat agree with you on the point of tone. But I’m sorry. The Tea Party folks have not presented a sophisticated enough argument for us to infer they mean taxes coming down the pike. They are simply ignoring … or ignorant of … the tax break they already got.

And even if the math comes down to $12 a week, it doesn’t negate the fact that the taxes did NOT go up and that they are in fact about as low as they have ever been in recent history.

Tigre, I actually do have a six year old daughter. And yes, as a frequent commenter on this blog who shall not be named often reminds me, I don’t give a damn about her future. 😉

Rutherford said….

I beg to differ especially if one looks at the debate/discussion/discourse/discord over the health care bill.

8. El Tigre says:

I thought Obama was “agnostic” about an increase to deal with crippling debt being incurred.

Ruhtehrford, Tea Party not presenting a sophistacated enough argument about taxes coming down the pike? The admisntration has already admitted it’s coming. They’re not deaf.

Sorry about your kid. Hope his denial runs as deep as his fathers so he can enjoy part of his adolesence.

9. El Tigre says:

Sorry. I meant “she.”

“Rutherford you’re being dishonest.”

The drone is a leftist, thats what they do. Try not to sound so shocked.

We Will Never Say Thank You

El Tigre,

Drones just care about government handouts. They could care less what impact it has on their children.

Obama is an arrogant son-of-a-bitch, isn’t he? He may be the most patronizing politician I have witnessed in my lifetime. I hope I get the opportunity to watch this shuffling, pompous ass stomped into the dust soon. And I don’t just want to see Obama defeated; I want him scorned and despised.

And I am going to make it a point to stick it up a few lib asses when the time comes. 😉

And those are his good qualities.

Thank you al-Thuggy, you narcissistic a-hole

15. As much as I hate to actually address Rutherford, here goes…

Taxed Enough Already people are a bit more sophisticated than you appear to think they are. We, and yes, I am one of them, do not simply address the income tax. The more egregious taxes have already been addressed, so I will not deal with them. Various State taxes, often disguised as “user fees” are, and have been steadily rising for years. Even for those that are not “users.” Local taxes have been doing the same. I mean..? After all, doesn’t every single Police Department have a distressing “need” to own Cheytac or Barret rifles, an MP5 or M16 Rifle in the trunk of every radio car? Let’s not forget the “secure” 900 radio systems… that don’t work worth crap? Then we have Counties doing the same. Plus Sewer Districts, Fire Districts, EMS Districts, and the list simply goes on. Hell, even Libraries have tapped into the gravy train. Funny, but it sure appears that those that disparage those of us in the Tea Party seem to think that we are all clones of the main characters from the movie Deliverance… Most of us have advanced degrees, or are classified as Masters in our chosen trades. Nor are we all Republican’s. Unaffiliated just happens to be the largest political demographic.

Yes, Patrick a recent poll apparently bears out your statement that most Tea Party members are well educated. I’d actually like to see a poll that measures what percentage of self described Tea Party members show up at rallies. If only 20% of the movement is showing up on the TV spots, then they are giving the rest of you a bad name, at least to some degree. Heck, I’m not even talking the offensive signs … I’m talking the misspelled ones.

Patrick who really likes taxes? I’m afraid your argument doesn’t completely hold up. Does Obama control your State or Local taxes? No. So why protest the Fed about local matters? Either the TPM doesn’t understand the different levels of government or they are being disingenuous.

There are two bottom lines to this. The first is that whether anyone on this blog likes it or not, most folks in the Tea Party income bracket got a Federal income tax reduction this year. Plain and simple. So there is simply no argument there.

The other bottom line, which I have argued on my Internet radio show is that Obama is going down a VERY dangerous road when he mocks (or appears to mock) ordinary citizens. It is one thing for him to go after Sarah Palin or Mitch McConnell. It’s quite another for him to go after a dude making $35,000.00 a year with a family of five. The bottom line is Obama is the President of everybody … even people making stupid or uninformed claims. He needs to show ordinary citizens respect. I DO think in retrospect, that he made a mistake with the “Thank you” comment.

P.S. No need to hate “addressing me”. You should enjoy the exchange of ideas. I do.

“As much as I hate to actually address Rutherford, here goes…”

Then dont unless you like addressing drones. Address people that you have common ground with.

Address people that you have common ground with.

That has to be about the stupidest thing I’ve ever read on any comments thread ever. So only address people who agree with you! Let’s make every blog comment thread a circle jerk where differing views are not expressed or explored.

Patrick, I sincerely hope you’re too smart to take such advice. I know for a fact, Alfie is.

The guy in the big chair gets it both ways Rutherford. You get the props and bashes whether they apply totally or not. Comes with the job brother.

20. El Tigre says:

Rutherford, they’re not as dumb when it comes to taxation and simple economic concepts as you. In plain terms, the tax system and business climate imposed by Obama drive down business and the largest individual contributors to the state and local tax base virtually everywhere. (shrinking local economy = smaller tax base). At the same time, state government spending grows almost unchecked in most populous states resulting in a heavier tax burden on the state’s remaining citizens. Without even getting into the increased costs odf state and local regulatory compliance with health care and unimaginable harm to be caused to small and large business under ht eporposed cap and trade, State and federal tanx structures are are linked, plain and simple, no matter what you or Obama say.

It required retrospect to find the comment Obama made insulting?

Well, you’ve admitted that the TPM isn’t uneducated. Are they still racists?