Obama Pail for Today goes to….

Anyone that believes the Ukraine giving up their nuclear stockpiles thing is a win for Obama.

Seriously folks I get the whole securing less than 10% of nuclear material in the world as a good thing given the potential of terrorism and rogue state security issues.

I say that knowing full well nobody on the Left ever accepted Bush’s rantings on Al Qaeda threats but now that O sees it- it’s there!

The thing is though that the chances of the terrorist getting a nuke is super-duper slim. As for nuclear material,well pretty much the same. The irony is the most likely terror entities to get nuclear anything will

a) get it wholesale from two of the three players not at the summit.

b) get it off the black market,the sick thing here is the high likelihood of that stuff being Russian or Ukrainian in origin.

The other big thing to note on the Ukraine nuke story. Who is paying for it? I’ll give you a hint,they use dollars for their national currency.

story

this one of my own comments on another post here at In2thefray. I think it ties in well with the Summit and Pails etc.

Well I’ve been accused of not willing to give Obama an inch on policy and I think I refuted that.
    Well I have to chip away some more at the fandom if not Obama himself. In fact I think I’m more against the fandom worship thing than Obamas policy.
    Would it not have been a good idea to invite Iran,Syria and North Korea?
    I think it would’ve been and would’ve also been a brave move on O’s part and consistent with engagement.
    South Africa……Please cut this out here and now. They are not an example,at least not the way they paint it at this summit. South Africa made the intelligent cost projection decision on having a nuclear arsenal. they also went full monty and closed their power reactors. They now have electrical shortages which look to be solved by….wait for it ….nukes.

This is from the related Fray titled
    Nuke Deal=No Big Deal

Alfie,

You and I most of the time are in agreement, but this statement boggled my mind:

Frankly, I would be very surprised if terrorist groups don’t already have possession of fissionable material. If not now, soon – I think it is a given.

And being I consider Iran a terrorist state, the entire debate will soon become a moot point.

Tex I wish I could remember the title of the book I read recently that looked at former USSR nuclear material. It is actually better secured than some would have you believe.
    I get you on Iran and the potential for dirty bomb tech. I just don’t think various terror groups have the ability to produce a nuclear bomb.

“I just don’t think various terror groups have the ability to produce a nuclear bomb.”

No, thats what’s Iran or Crapistan is for. Venezuela too if they get nuclear power.

Yeah I’m not in the know on what a Pakistan warhead looks like so I don’t know. On the Venezuela note though… they actually really need nuclear power for electricity. they’ve completely fucked up their hydro infrastructure plus the demand is skyrocketing. the reactor deal though is questionable until I see actual construction. I do think though that Hugo will soon shy away from the no nuclear weapons stance. Cooperative deals with Colombia and now Brazil Hugo will need to up the demonizing.

The USSR was never really my concern once the ’90s passed. There was a time at the end of the cold war it was a concern But I don’t trust Pakistan Alfie – and the satellite countries of the former USSR are still a concern too.

Actually I’m speaking of the joint military ops,and port of call visits

Foreign Policy mag and a number of other sources have offered up some excellent points on this whole thing. Many Obama fans continue to make this 47 nation pony show a headliner, world changing event and that’s pail worty. I will say there are some Obama opponents that are offering up some criticism that is beyond the pale. I believe, with admitted bias,that I have placed well in this. Bottom line this summit was nothing.

Nothing the man does is “nothing. He destroys everything he touches. Nothing he does is in America’s best interest. You may blame Mitten’s game of “giving credit when its do”. I dont.

BTW Looks like here is the window of opportunity. Really interesting since the NYT will be releasing al-Thuggy’s antisemitic policy tomorrow towards Israel.

Politico agrees with me. It voted the Summit and it’s baggage the most over-hyped story of the week

12. Xosé Casas says:

Doesn’t this situation put Ukraine in an inferior scale with the United States? Isn’t the US guaranteeing that the Ukrainian uranium doesn’t go -the wrong hands-? Would another eastern european country be a wrong hand? I just feel that the only reason why the U.S. would do that is because they want to keep their nuclear supremacy. Obama’s nuclear reduction does not pursue a free nuclear world but rather a nuclear hegemony. If “they” (wrong hands) don’t kill the US, the US will kill them…

You make an interesting observation. The USA is absolutely acquiring the nuclear material and is going to use it.

Former Obama Green Jobs Czar Van Jones’ Anti-Government Rap: “Raise Your Fist Against the Real Terrorist – Uncle Sam”…

But lets vilify the Tea Party Movement.

Video: Black tea partiers surprised to find they’re not “really” black