May Day mayday mayday…

A h/t to frequent commenter Elric for this:

Obama Orders Americans Troops to March in Red Square Parade Complete With Posters of Stalin..No, This is Not a Joke…

It piqued my interest to say the least and I wanted to say something on it.

It is apparently true that US elements will join WWII allies Britain and France in Red Square in May for a celebration of the 65th annie of the end of WWII Europe edition. The BBC reports on the actual UK unit that will be attending,no word on the Americans.

Now this story has a lot going for it. On one hand it serves as an opp to bash BHO. Sadly it falls on its face to some degree on that.

There is something to be said of the Western media. I’m seeing reports now. Russia has been speaking about this for over a month.I personally think there are grounds to at least assume some weak journalism.

On its face Alfie?

Yeah unfortunately. President George Bush was in Moscow in 2005 laying a damn wreath for crying out loud. In 2009 the USS Cowpens was in Vladivostok on the same holiday on a diplomatic mission with elements of the Russian Pacific Fleet. So much for a first.

The Truth though is…

The Russians have been pretty up front on how they see this event.They are intent on showing the Westerners how strong they (the Ruskies) are now a days.

It is for this reason that I say the USA should refrain sending a military element to the show. Politicians is one thing.A group of veterans that want to go-sure. Active elements of the US military? No!

1. Charlie says:

It’s a tricky one, we were allies after all and certainly in Britain at least, we owe the Russians a lot, I don’t really think it is inappropriate to celebrate the alliance or its victory.

But I am surprised about Stalin, I thought they were ashamed of him? It is odd timing for a celebration of him.

It doesn’t really matter to me, my family never fought the Russians, and never fought Stalin, I’d have no problems marching through Red Square.

Would you feel different if the march was in Washington?

You know al-Thuggy will be more than happy to go, especially with the Stalin posters.

What I am primarily against is the apparent desire of the Russians to bathe this in glory of their own making and to project propaganda of themselves now. When you can paraphrase them by this “We will show them what we’re made of and how strong we are…” there is an issue.
    From an American position the Russians offered little. They didn’t respond in the Pacific until it was to their total advantage. We braved Murmansk et al to resupply them. I’m not feeling the Allies love thing.
    As for the anniversary. I think one could say this is as much about the start of the Cold War as it is about the end of WWII.
    Political leaders go. Troops stay home,definitely not in Red Square.
    Oh yeah on the Stalin bit. He’s been experiencing a revival of late on the entire international seen.

I’m sure al-Thuggy wil be bowing to Putin and the tombs of Stalin and Lenin. November cant get here soon enough. The way these demomarxists are smearing the right and taunting them into violence I’m afraid that a Reichstag fire is coming. As radical as the demomarxist are, even I underestimated how radical they are.

BTW Did al-Thuggy even go to the D-day anniversary?

Obama did indeed attend the 2009 D Day event marking it’s 65th anniversary.

“Obama did indeed attend the 2009 D Day event marking it’s 65th anniversary.”

I guess all is well then. The marxist thug decided to show up after all.

7. I see no reason for anything other than a political delegation to attend. And yes, if it was held in Washington, or London, I would expect the same from the Russians.

Thank you Charlie for a voice of reason.

One might not like it but as far as WWII was concerned, Stalin was on the right side of history. If Warren G Harding (or Nixon) had been our President during WWII and not FDR, would we hide pictures of Harding during WWII commemorations because his admin was otherwise corrupt? I doubt it.

“Stalin was on the right side of history”

Stalin was a genocidal mass murderer who murdered more people than Hitler asshole.

Ahhhh sorry Elric … I guess it would have been better had Stalin sided with the Nazi’s. My mistake.

I had previously focused on a different part of Charlies comment. I now have to ask what exactly did the WWII Russians do for Britain. Technically from a British perspective the Russians specifically Stalin kinda fucked you. The Non Aggression Pact between Nazi Germany and USSR set the stage for the invasion of Poland which by treaty put Britain into the mix.
    Rutherford Stalin wasn’t truly on the right side of history. Also please please please take note that the Russians view this more as a propaganda for the present and the future more than a celebration of the past. This is the biggest area I have a problem.

The drones dont care about propaganda coming from the motherland. They revel in it.

Alfie very fair point. And Elric, given Stalin’s total standing in history I would agree with you that displaying his picture is in poor taste. After all, the Russians themselves renamed Stalingrad.

“And Elric, given Stalin’s total standing in history I would agree with you that displaying his picture is in poor taste.”

Poor taste? Its worse than displaying Hitler’s picture.

Video: Remember when the media thought hateful political rhetoric was cool?

Elric, seriously …. damn good video.

1) Your premise however is incorrect. No where in the video is there an implication that the media thought these folks were cool. I would assume the slant of the report was that these folks are extremists.

2) I hate to say it, but this parade of liberal whackjobs only highlights the fact that today we have conservative whackjobs. In other words, it doesn’t disprove what we are saying about the current GOP crop of haters.

The one bright light behind this video is that history shows that the libs threats of violence were meaningless. Let’s hope the current conservative calls for “taking our country back” are equally impotent.

Why are you trying to debate me Dodger? Dont debate people you ban. Thank you

Elric, please stop behaving like a five year old. As long as you reserve the right to put your two cents in, I reserve the right to comment on your two cents.

For the last time, would you please look up “debate” in the dictionary? Until we have a meaningful exchange of ideas, there is no debate.

Dont reply to me Dodger. Thank you