“It’s for the children…”

That’s the oft heard mantra, predominantly from the Left. I find it always a negative and more often than not down right bile producing. The Leftists that toss it about have no focus beyond their own personal,selfish guilt based politics to see the dangers of this warped false populism.

Let’s stimulate the economy…it’s for the children.

Although the jury is always going to be pimped and tweaked on this issue the stimulus has as of now only hurt the children.This is undeniable as the stimulus as it stands now is but a legacy of debt.

Let’s extend unemployment,and fuck you Bunning….it’s for the children.

OK if you say so. The unemployment extension is sadly not a bad idea and the House version came in at only $15 billion. The Senate is looking at tweaking it a tad. Up to $150 billion with mostly more tax incentives. This new page in the drama makes the Bunning affair look extra silly. The DC collective bashed Bunning over his “hypocrisy” re PAYGO. It was symbolism folks. Let’s actually pay for something without foreign hedge funds and Social Security Fund rape. Clearly if PAYGO was D.O.A. for 15 billion I’m thinking 150 is entirely out of the question.

We must pass ObamaCare…it’s for the children.

I could be cynical and say ,”fuck ’em they’ve got SCHIP”. The irony here is that at least SCHIP was funded last time I check. Although a case can be clearly made that some type of reform set applied to the health care industry would indeed help the kids the current stew of goo can’t be seen that way. The potential and very real repercussions of the plan at hand will at best send single payer to the children down the road,or should I say track? You know like a RR track with the light in the distance being the engine coming to crush you.(©i2tf2010) I know people want to use that metaphor for the other side of the argument. You can’t it’s copyrighted hahaha. Seriously though if anybody thinks some of the so-called reforms aren’t gonna cripple us thus painting a shitty future for the kids- I honestly just don’t know what I can say.

Alfie blows you away here,and it’s for the children.

So what is the answer? Well here it is and I am confident many of you never expected to hear this from me.

Flat Tax: I am a big fan of regressive taxation. No seriously. If people actually have to pay for stuff with their money they tend to get involved. A flat tax is fair,universal and responsible.A flat % paid by EVERYONE.

VAT: Yup I believe in a VAT.This multi tiered sales tax levels the playing field of national commerce to a degree while providing revenue.It can also be used as an off the table,screw you WTO tariff. It is also regressive and universal thus meeting the Alfie standard.

Eliminate all other taxes:You heard me. Taxes on investments and savings are the most idiotic,heinous and immoral of taxes. If Americans are to save America we must all be allowed and encouraged to save.

Cut government in a very BIG way.: I’m talking Department closure,building sell offs and wholesale eradication of the US bureaucracy.

I have to close that my plan is meant to erase the national DEBT let alone the annual deficits. If we want to secure the future sovereignty of this nation it is what must be done.

Well Alfie, I have to applaud you. I am so sick and tired of the whining without any suggested solutions.

I can’t argue with much of what you suggest in your solution set. The only misgivings I have about a flat tax is that 33% of your salary when you only make $18,000 a year is a much bigger hit than if you make $180,000 per year. When we hear “flat tax” we think, at least mathematically, how can that not be objectively fair? But again, as I said, when you’ve got very little to start with, any bit taken away puts you that much further behind. I favor a progressive tax, but I’m not a radical about it. Flat tax wouldn’t lead me to leave the country. 🙂

I’m also, contrary to what you might think, not a fan of big government for the sake of big government. The trick is where do we cut and who decides what is important and what is not? A bit tricky.

Since some of what you suggest smacks of Ron Paul, I’m curious why you haven’t embraced another of Ron Paul’s ideas, and actually is my favorite of all of Ron Paul’s ideas. Why do you leave the military out of your economic recovery plan? Do we really need standing armies all over the world? Are we an empire? Why don’t we bring 90% of troops home from countries that are no longer a threat to us?

Rutherford I’m a fan of somewhere between 7-15% on the flat tax. I’d obviously require Medicare and SS to stay and be hands off.People find that number too low but since we must gut and cut government plus the VAT I think revenue would be secured.
    As for cut and gut the sheer size of Energy,Education,Commerce,Interior and State is open to slashing. HHS which I imagine is near and dear to you could take some whacking with transfer to state & locals. I just don’t get communities spending tens of thousands of dollars playing the grant and bureaucracy game.
    I actually don’t care for Ron Paul and find him a bit of a crank;however,I am kind of a neo isolationist. I believe in maintaining significant strength and a strong Navy but prefer to avoid international entanglements and deployments.(Jeffersonian/Hamiltonian of me?) I see real danger in a number of nations (Iran,Russia,China,N.Korea, as well as Horn of Africa) and a lack of guts on behalf a number of others(EU) therefore some overseas deployments are necessary.(Jacksonian of me?) I’d be open to bringing a number of Army,USMC and USAF elements home,especially from Europe though and our South Korea deployment can withstand drastic scale backs.The latter being because if Kimmie goes a marching we should just utterly destroy him bomb for bomb +2.

The drones want to enslave their children. Selfish bastards, all of them.

Run with that a little E

Alfie,

Run with it? You mean that these drones vote and support these marxists so they get goodies knowing full well that their children will be overwhelmingly burden with all this debt. If thats not selfish, I dont know what is.

I was just looking for some expansion. that’ll work

That’ll work? I was going to simply ignore Elric’s usual one-liner until I saw his three-liner pass for “expansion”.

Anyone who believes liberals want their children to suffer has simply lost his mind. It’s one thing to say that you don’t think liberals are taking into account our ability to eliminate the debt we’re creating. It’s quite another to call them selfish with regard to their own children.

But Ok, Alfie … I give you points for at least encouraging Elric to expand a bit. And he did expand a bit.

Thats right Dodger, you are one of the selfish drone bastards. How you can look your kid in the eye knowing how your marxist leaders tearing this nation apart on purpose is beyond me.

BTW if you are going to ban me on your blog then at least man up and ignore my comments here.

Elric, I’ll say this only one more time. No one is presently banned on my blog. As I said before, I did intend to ignore your one-liner as it had no substance to respond to, But after your three sentences passed as a reasonable expansion of your point, I just couldn’t resist. I’m only human after all.

But I’ll gladly play in your ball park for a minute. Assuming you have children, how can you look them in the eye knowing that if the status quo persists, they will always be one layoff away from losing their health care insurance, one catastrophic illness away from bankruptcy, one disease away from being denied insurance due to a pre-existing condition?

Not debating someone who banned me. Now man up and stop asking me questions.

Elric. I think Rutherford is saying without saying it that you could post on one of his threads.
    Rutherford I asked for some expansion. Elric offered it up. It was only a couple of additional lines but I was able to get a clearer picture of his position.
    As for liberals and their children I’ll chime in with this.
    I don’t think they’re focusing on the big picture and for an element that seemingly likes to have people believe they gots grip on the big picture that ain’t good.
    The politics of emotions is an ugly and dysfunctional place.

13. Assuming you have children, how can you look them in the eye knowing that if the status quo persists, they will always be one layoff away from losing their health care insurance, one catastrophic illness away from bankruptcy, one disease away from being denied insurance due to a pre-existing condition?

Refresh my memory. When, exactly, did it become the job of government to try to save us from everything bad that might happen in life?

Alfie,

He banned me. Actually twice within a few days. Maybe he took me off it, who knows. But how would I know unless he told me. Taking someone off the ban list and not telling him about it really changes nothing. If I hadnt brought it up he would have never mentioned it. So screw that petty dishonest drone. Even if I am off the ban list I would post there again. Whats the point? You cant change these drone’s minds. They want a tyrannical marxist state. Its pointless. No common ground with these 5th columnists.

He banned me. Actually twice within a few days.

For the record, Elric don’t pass up an opportunity to point out my stupidity. I didn’t ban you twice within a few days. I banned you once using your IP address and then you posted from a different IP address and got through so I fixed it. It was one ban executed poorly.

Bottom line, comment on my blog or don’t … your prerogative but the fact is you’re not banned. (If you’d been lurking in the comments section you would’ve known you were off the banned list since I mentioned it to your buddies on more than one occasion.) Among the several reasons I never informed you (via Twitter I guess) is I expected this response: “Whats the point? You cant change these drone’s minds. They want a tyrannical marxist state. Its pointless. No common ground with these 5th columnists.”

Heh, its my fault because I didnt lurk on a blog that I was banned twice. “progressive” “logic”.

Now BiW surely you can concede that was one heck of an exaggeration. Everything covers a lot of ground.

Notice drones dont care if its Constitutional or not?

19. Not bad ideas Alfie. Other than the VAT… Good lord, once when I was in Israel, I bought a bottle of Scotch Single malt, the price looked great. 19 USD, but after the VAT it was closer to 50… Of course Israel is a bit different than other places with a VAT. I bought a G3 rifle for less than a hundred, it’s made there. But try and buy a Ruger Redhawk? It was over 800 USD after the VAT. This was in the mid eighties, just for reference.

As for what I call “playing the kid card?” When playing that card destroys the parents and they can’t support the kids it becomes a major backfire. Talk about unintended consequences… Mandated yearly increases in education in Colorado are a perfect example. The state is going broke, and pretty soon there will be no money for education.

20. I think it makes sense for a government to take a second look at its approach when it discovers that its system from a medical outcomes perspective doesn’t even place it in the top 10 of industrialized countries.

These same countries in which you have no hope of an MRI or a surgery occuring anywhere in the same month in which a condition might indicate it?

These same countries where citizens are denied treatments by governental review boards based on cost, despite the treatment being prescribed by that citizen’s physician?

You’re the one who draws examples from all areas of life to provide your health care. I just jumped to the end to which government wants to take us anyway.

These same countries which their leaders and wealthy leave when they need treatment to come to the eeeeeeevvvvviiii American system to receive treatment when they and their cdocs deem it prudent or necessary?

I don’t think these are the benchmarks you really want to use to define the efficacy of our system, R.

Patrick I got some VAT experience in England and of course the GST and HST up in Canada. My thing as I alluded to Rutherford is I’m not looking for big %’s. I personally want govt. to run like I do. This is the $ I have so this is what I can spend. Not We want to spend $$$$$$ so let’s go get it.
    Biw and Rutherford. Given the political climate I’ve been looking over some of those ratings people like to use. I noticed the OECD punked Canada at 30. ( I think USA is 38?) Some of the states the raters use are far from uniform and fair. So all across the standards,benchmarks etc there’s issues truly interested folks should like to sink their teeth into.

Pelosi: we have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it

Only a dumbass drone that hates his kid would support these people.