Sarko! What the f#%*?????

So France may become the first NATO nation to sell advanced military tech to the Soviets,err I mean Russians.

The French are reportedly considering selling a Mistral class assault ship to Russia. It’s kind of funny since the Ruskies have really done quite well playing their hand in the international arms build ups. That being said this current offer seems to reek of actual and possibly immediate perceived needs on the Russians behalf. The former Soviet vassels be warned.

Oh and for the Russians take on the purchase and potential uses

Vlad says:

“We are buyers, you are sellers,” he told his hosts.

“Whoever we buy it from, we will reserve the right to use it where and when we consider necessary.”

Story at BBC

Sarko also is pushing for the Mediterranean Union.

I’m curious what your stand is on the MU. I’m sensing you are against it.

Of course Im against it. ts cultural suicide for Europe. It will only speed up its islamizatation.

4. This is interesting indeed. Think “Force Projection” in the Black Sea for example…

Patrick,exactly! In fact in the BBC article the Russians even make the point how much easier the Georgia/Ossetia ops would’ve been if they had one of these ships. As I stated in my post I know the Russians are capable of making a ship like this so, why the need to get one off the market in short order ?
    Elric,that’s weird as everything I’ve seen on the MU seems to be slanted towards Arab isolation and French empowerment. I’ve seen things that watered it down especially with the inclusion of non-Med area nations. I think it would’ve had the potential to slow or even stop the dreaded IOE but I’ll give you Israel would be going under an even bigger bus.

Alfie, if you think adding a muslim majority North Africa will slow it down, you must be kidding.