Dhimmi?Dummy?Thinker! The Swiss Vote

So the people of Switzerland have voted to ban the construction of any new minarets in their country.

The PC crowd views this as disgusting. The other pundits view this as a slap in the face of the countries muslim minority. Still others view this as a great salvo in stopping the Islamification of Europe.

Well it’s none of those things.

The Swiss have a thing about “swiss-ness”,Sonderfall. The Swiss Peoples Party fought hard and a little dirty. They may even have other motives. I just think the overwhelming reason for supporting this ban though is the entrenched (and proper) belief that being Swiss must come first. If other nations accepted this and more importantly practiced this they’d be surprised how it turns out.I think they’d also be surprised at how positively the immigrant classes react.

1. elric66 says:

Its a good first step. Still better than how non muslims are treated in the islamic world.

This is fucking ridiculous…

A decision by Swiss voters to ban the construction of minarets poses a risk to Switzerland’s security, the country’s foreign minister says.
    Micheline Calmy-Rey said the Swiss government was “very concerned” about the ban, adopted by voters on Sunday.
    “Each limitation on the co-existence of different cultures and religions also endangers our security,” she told the European security body, the OSCE.
    A top UN official has called the ban “clearly discriminatory”.
    Navi Pillay, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, said the ban was “deeply divisive” and at odds with Switzerland’s international legal obligations.

BBC
    If they back peddle on this I’ll go over there myself and slap the cheese out of them. It’s a ban on minarets-not Islam or even mosques. It’s about symbolism not discrimination. It is a security issue. The right to secure ones sovereignty. I also have to say I’m thus far seeing the pc contingent being the ones making a fuss.

Alfie,

I never dismissed the PC libs as much to blame as the muslims. They enabled much of this. Now if I was in charge, I would say, we will allow a new mosque for every church built in Saudi. This interfaith BS needs to be a 2 way street.

And you notice no one ever mentions the discrimination and oppression of non muslims in islamic lands? Its like they dont know about it or they dont care.Its always the West that must give way and bend over.

5. This is going to get interesting I think. Time for beer and popcorn, and watch the really big show!

Patrick,

That is an understatement. Either the people in Europe will rise up and take back their land, which will probably make the Civil w

Patrick,

Its either rise up and take back their land or a slow slide into dhimmitude.