I’m sorry but Venezuela is pathetic…

No disrespect to the citizens per se. you’ve got enough on your plate just trying to live. Whether you’re a red shirt wearing flag waving idiot or a silver spoon opposition oligarch or anything in between it just doesn’t matter.

The leaders (hahahahaha) however are just too freaking hilarious for words.The latest is how Venezuela in a great act of state defense has somehow captured a right-wing Colombian militant. Colombia has applauded the arrest and is reportedly looking at extradition.No no says Herr Hugo though. He needs the horse and pony show. Never mind the well documented cases of his support of FARC Hugo needs to play this. Never mind that Venezuela is the one bolstering it’s military and rhetoric towards its neighbor,it’s Colombia paramilitaries that are offending the state of things.

Now I don’t know if Uribe could be trusted for solid prosecution of a right-wing paramilitary. The history is what it is. It must be said though,that cat is well out of the bag.Also since FARC has been beaten pretty thoroughly and that Colombia is indeed continue it’s pursuit of international legitimacy I’m thinking I gotta go with Bogota on this one.

So Hugo and the Hugonauts are just totally ramping up their ridiculousness and that is delicious for sure.

source story AFP/Yahoo

UPDATE of sorts. I saw this in the linked article:

Tensions also spiked Thursday when Venezuelan troops blew up two footbridges across the Venezuela-Colombia border.
    Caracas said the bridges were destroyed because they were being used by drug traffickers and smugglers.

I saw some first hand local reporting and images on the border crossing down there. It seems to be more about regular folk pursuing staples. I saw that there were even quite a few entrepeneurs that make money selling use of ladders to get over walls and fences. I won’t say there isn’t ever any coca flowing but seriously…

Its only going to get worse. al-Thuggy has given the leftists there a lot of confidence. I am so sorry that he is stabbing Columbia in the back.

Yeah and add the dems that killed Colombia free trade agreement too. I go back and forth on free trade agreements but I thought that one sounded a pretty good deal for both sides. Meanwhile we give China free passes left and right and now we have poisonous sheet rock on top of all the tainted and toxic toys and foodstuffs.

Hopefully the demomarxists and RINO’s will get tossed out and we can reverse a lot of this crap, starting with treating our allies as friends and the rest with the respect they deserve.

5. Yuca says:

It’s just more of the same rubbish, those brand new 7 US military bases just settled in Colombia this year are over equipped, and is not for narcotics control, you don’t need a C-17 carrier to do that job. If Venezuela do something against the paramilitary threats that are plotting criminal business insight Venezuela, as the first move to affect the stability, then Venezuela is pathetic!, how on Earth??

Yeah we’re really going to invade a piss ant nation bwahahaha.
    Seriously Yuca the bases are exactly what they seem and yes they exist partly as a big middle finger to Herr Hugo. Otherwise they fit into the global plans of potential projection of power needs.
    They also support the Colombian government in their efforts as a sovereign nation to be a player in the international game.
    Also I wonder if you cared when Hugo supported FARC? Ignores international laws? Did you care when he signed all his arms deals with the Russians long before US leases were signed with Colombia?
    Put your red shirt on and go sit down in front of another marathon Alo Presidente

7. Yuca says:

Alfie, please don’t be so naïve. Have you read the rational preparation from the Pentagon about Palanquero? Of course, I assumed you know WHAT is Palanquero. Have you read the bases deal between US and Colombia? Have you see the result of Plan Patriot then converted into Plan Colombia? You will see it mutated into something else. Do you know how many millions of dollars US have been spent into Colombia? You will be surprised. And where are the results, the FARC is changing and learning new way to keep fitting for another fifty years. For how long has been this violent strategic going on? How much pain is necessary not just inside Colombia, but abroad. That is the objective of US spread the conflict and make it international. They love that, is such a good business.

You said “[US military bases] fit into the global plans of potential projection of power needs”. That is the problem!! What the hell is “potential projection of power needs”? Whose needs? Just a piece of information for your perusal: the Air Force offers an alarming justification for expanding the use of the Palanquero Air Base in Colombia. “Palanquero provides an opportunity for conducting full spectrum operations throughout South America,” it says, which are “essential for supporting the U.S. mission in Colombia and throughout the United States Southern Command.” The political objectives served by the Palanquero base. “Development of this CSL [Cooperative Security Location] provides a unique opportunity for full spectrum operations in a critical sub-region of our hemisphere where security and stability is under constant threat from narcotics funded terrorist insurgencies, anti-U.S. governments …” All this agreement has been passed without the approval of the Colombian Congress, which made it illegal, and without the proper explanation to the US Congress, which made it secretive. Why they are doing so?

You wonder if I care about the arms deals with the Russians long before US leases were signed with Colombia, of course I wonder and he always explained why, and now we have the evidences on this US threat, which is not new it is just a more dangerous version of the same US practice. You wonder if I care when the president Chavez supported FARC, and allegedly he ignores international laws. You have to remember Chavez was invite by Uribe to mediate with the FARC, and is Chavez that has always side for political solution, that recognized the FARC as a legitimate contender, and open the way for negotiation and peace, The British have done so with the IRA, in Basra -Iraq, and inviting the Taliban to conversations, in Afghanistan. Why Chavez is wrong and not the British, when they proposing the say method. Is Chavez ignoring international laws but not the British, very convenient reading.

If you well inform yourself you will understand all this this fuzz. Otherwise, you will carry on your black shirt without changes. Keeping your head in the hole, quiet pathetic.

8. Yuca says:

Sorry Alfie, one errata:

“The British have done the this with the IRA (Ireland), the Mujahidin (Basra -Iraq), and are inviting the Taliban for conversations, in Afghanistan. Why Chavez is wrong and not the British, when they are proposing the same method”

Who said embracing the Taliban is a good thing?

10. Yuca says:

The British commanders are doing so on field. Have more sense in value for money, less casualties and a way how to stabilized the Afghan country. In the last election was set up a open invitation to the Taliban to be part of the electoral campaign. Of course, democracy isn’t something you can drop from a aircraft at 10000 feet high. It needs to be agree between all the parties, and that include the Taliban. The British are right on that respect .

islam doesnt believe in democracy, neither does Chavez.

12. Yuca says:

to Elri66:
    Westen islam citizen belive in democracy, they are Islam. And Chavez is more democratic beliver than any of his political opponents. Just have a look on PSUV grass root base elections, something that the venezuelan opposition is reluctant to practice.

Yuca, I’m a little pressed for time given the upcoming Thanksgiving thing. I’m also a little confused by the spectrum of your comments so bear with me as I try to attempt to understand and respond.
    In no particular order.
    Can I assume by referring to a black shirt you’re calling me a fascist? My reference to a red shirt was pointed but was based on you appearing to be quite the Chavista.
    Uribe did not so much invite Chavez to engage FARC as it was a political risk he (Uribe) took on the international stage regards hostages.At least if we’re speaking of the same incident. Since Chavez publicly and privately supports FARC in a manner conducive with unsettling a sovereign state I don’t see where you and I will ever see eye to eye.
    I’ve looked at some of the left leaning entities regards Colombia,the bases and Plan Colombia. I’m sorry but since I’ve seen the USA do good as well as bad in Latin America I can’t get too excited with what is afoot so far regards the bases. As for Plan Colombia well…I’ve been both critical and cavalier regards US foreign aid,USAID actions etc.I sympathize with those that don’t like the carrot and stick arrangement that is US foreign aid,especially the “stick” part. I hope the reference isn’t lost on you language wise btw..
    As for PSUV. Again we will fail to see eye to eye here also. You see democracy in action. I see a questionable tool designed to assure Chavez’s power. I pity the fodder potential of those that follow it. I see Nazi’s in the makings. Not the genocide world war type. I see innocent people looking for food,housing and health getting swept up in the grandeur dreams of a dictator. See the parallels? Any student of history can.
    Back to the bases. I think it safe to say that if Colombia were to pull an Ecuador it would be honored. I also have to say as a student of history,the armed forces and a US veteran I find it highly implausible that the US plans an overt military action in the area. Covert? Sadly I don’t have the ability to say honestly.
    Now for the Taliban side trip. I don’t see the direct connection/relationship. The British were/are actively engaged in the area in a state of war. It’s diplomatic actions have more legitimacy than anything Hugo is trying. I also have to say that thinking the Taliban and democracy are anywhere near conducive is insanity. As for the tribal elements and democracy I see that as a possibility. The tribes and the Taliban. BIG difference!!!
    As for your comment

I agree with you actually,except for the Taliban part.
    In closing please note from the post itself.

Whether you’re a red shirt wearing flag waving idiot or a silver spoon opposition oligarch or anything in between it just doesn’t matter.

emphasis added here
    I am actually aware that much of the opposition isn’t any better for the people of venezuela. That doesn’t mean I have to like Chavez either. In the interest of MY nation and then my neighbors I think I am more than open minded.
    Thanks for stopping by.

“Westen islam citizen belive in democracy, they are Islam.”

Really? Why would they have to be in the West to believe it?

“And Chavez is more democratic beliver than any of his political opponents.”

Sure he is. Just like his thuggish buddies like Castro and the iranian dwarf

15. Yuca says:

Alfie, have a happy thanksgiving day.

Regarding the FARC, I stand with Chavez in the position that the only solution for the long lasting conflict is dialog, and more importantly, structural changes in the Colombian society that bring real justice and real democratic progresses to the Colombian people. The FARC has committed crimes, then they have to go to jail, but the new generations of guerrilla fighters deserve a better future, as Ingrid Betancourt and many former hostages had point out, there is no way how to close the open wounds without a table in between, and not a forensic one. The support that Chavez give to the guerrilla is one of a guarantee towards a peaceful process. Everybody knows what happened in the 80’s when the M-19 demobilised to be part of the politics, then 3000 of their best leaders, elected as local mayors and congressmen, where kill one by one. This is the most important reason why Chavez need to be neutral in the Colombian internal conflict, because the credible guarantee came from outside Colombia, not from inside. Each time that Colombia has demand from Venezuela a qualification of “terrorist” for the FARC, Venezuela has denied that statement. In response Colombia has accused Chavez’s government of secret support to the FARC, with a pile a circumstances as evidences and pulling US to launch more publics attacks on Venezuela. Going down to the “evidence” there is nothing that can’t stand a formal trial. There are plenty of terror activities in this long-lasting war, near sixty years now, and each of the combatants, including the Colombian army has committed terrorist acts in that war, just this year we have the scandal of “false positive” organize by the Colombian Army. Of course, you know that, don’t you?. So how we can help Colombia as whole, and not just the privileged class of ruling families. Venezuela opt for the humanitarian exchange, political dialog and reliable peace process. Unfortunately, Uribe have made a personal promise to exterminate the radical left, once his father died by bomb. When Uribe was governor of Antioquia, he founded the AUC “Autodefensas Unidas de Colombia” or Colombia self-defence united, in collision with others businessmen. That only organization is proud of the most monstrous killing in Colombia and maybe in the world. Just one of his commander confessed to the fiscal that he has killed 500 people personally, some of them split by halve alive. He just received 8 years sentence, as part of the special justice act endorse by Uribe, as a way to demobilised the AUC. Now that they don’t have job in Colombia, are moving into Venezuela, just to carry on business as usual, in their view the Venezuelan family is just a worthless bunch of chavistas. I don’t support more killings, neither Chavez. We have to stop this madness. That’s why extra measures needs to be taken to protect Venezuela from the internationalization of a Colombian conflict, that has to be resolve between Colombians. When Chavez met Obama en Trinidad, one of the first themes touch was “how to help the peace of Colombia?” the Pentagon answer was: more guns!!! There you are in the new 7 military bases, with so much spare capacity if just drugs control were their job.

Regarding your concerns: “I pity the fodder potential of those that follow it. I see Nazi’s in the makings. Not the genocide world war type. I see innocent people looking for food, housing and health getting swept up in the grandeur dreams of a dictator”. No there isn’t parallels unless you force your mind to convince yourself. First, there are the most intense debate I have ever witnessed at grass root level about the unity among the diversity, the presidential figure, the role of the army, the function of the private property, the women rights, indigenous rights, gays rights, the cultural model, the media feedback and misinformation campaign, the theology concepts, God and a “revolutionary” Jesus Christ, our history under the light of past tense failures and how to learn the key lessons, like why was so catastrophic the Soviet Union attend? How to secure the process of decision making as close as possible to the people, in a real participative democracy. How to amend the failures of capitalism, without breaking the production of better technology and wealth, but without the labour exploitation, profit obsession, grotesque accumulation, compulsive expansion and competitive destruction of our environment?. More importantly, the history didn’t reach the end with the fall of Berlin’s wall, as Fukuyama song. So please don’t feel pity for the energetic time that the Venezuelan are spending in a very dynamic dialect between practice and theory. When you say: “I see innocent people … getting swept up in the grandeur dreams of a dictator” Are you really serious? Do you know how much has been the Venezuelan improvement since 1999 to 2009? in food, housing and health, without mention education, sports, telecommunications, and general economic growth, and how much good has been spread to other countries, including US in the Bronx (New York), outskirts of Chicago and more. Please, please, save you pity. You are student of history, don’t forget to read those chapters that you are missing, never is late. Hitter was a far right murder, Chavez is nothing like that.

The use of the military bases is for military action, hot or cold, doesn’t matter. And that is exactly what they have state, they are not going for a picnic with the Colombian, they want spy on the neighbours, as far as Argentina, and that is a threat. Regardless the global mobility that the Pentagon praise as essential to deploy troops in matters of hours. You said now “it highly implausible that the US plans an overt military action in the area” but that is not a problem, the politicians and the media can make it very plausible, in few months. Did you saw Bush – Tony Blair press conferences, didn’t you? The “military action” needs the right political atmosphere, before be launch. Just sit and watch.

The Taliban was just a parallel with the FARC, as the British with Chavez. By the way, do you believe the the Taliban are from Mercury? or how do you explain that the tribes and the Taliban are not the same people. They gather members of the tribes to become Taliban, a political-religious-combatant force. An any political system in Afghanistan can not ignore them, unless you want another Colombia, in fifty years time.

What the hell is a silver spoon, have you see one?

If you just junk the extremes and anything in between, what is left? Exactly, the vacuum!! Lovely for an American.

I’m glad that you recognize what a disaster is the Venezuelan opposition. I like Chavez, he might embarrass me from time to time, but he is a good and honest man, and more important, he has been tested several times and has never failed. He is deeply committed with the betterment of the Venezuelan people. He understood the challenge that means the construction a truly Popular Power, by democratic and peaceful means, submitting himself to a virulent moral attacks, as never before in modern times. Of course, he counterattacks with more deep questioning. So after all this, I wonder who is the pathetic.

16. Yuca says:

Elric66,

If you want you can spend the whole eternity walking in circles around your belly, that is your problem. First, the western could embrace the liberal ideas of democracy thanks to Islamic people that keep and transfer the Greeks references that had been lost in occident. Second, why you have to be so insulting with a culture that have contribute so much to our modernity in science, art and literature. Has been your brain washed from meaningful things?

Regarding the democratic character of Chavez, just have a look on how many elections Chavez has won and lost, and all of them fully observed by international agencies. Then compare that with the democratic behaviour of the political opponents, you will be amazed how far can reach the hunger for lost privileges of the old parties. Cuba is Cuba, Iran is Iran, but Venezuela is a wonderful Venezuela. I invite you to visit Venezuela, but before you have to manage how to pull out your head from that hole where you have it.

“If you want you can spend the whole eternity walking in circles around your belly, that is your problem.”

Not a problem since I dont

“First, the western could embrace the liberal ideas of democracy thanks to Islamic people that keep and transfer the Greeks references that had been lost in occident.”

Well thats a lie and if they were so “democratic”, why dhimmi laws?

“Second, why you have to be so insulting with a culture that have contribute so much to our modernity in science, art and literature. Has been your brain washed from meaningful things?”

No, but you have. Most of the advancement that actually did come from the islamic culture was actually on the backbone of the dhimmis they enslaved. Once the dhimmi population dwindled because they couldnt tolerate the abuse by being a dhimmi, the islamic culture went stagnant and finally regressed. Ever wonder why such an “advanced” culture just deteriorated? Thats why.

Hope you learned something there drone.

Noticed how the drone ignored Chavez’s alliance with such scumbag dictators? I bet next time they have an “election”, Chavez will pull Saddam like numbers.

Yuca,There are any number of points I like in your comment and it left me wanting to ask ypu some questions. For now though I have to get cracking with my real world concerns. Thanks for the good wishes and comments and if you can please return so I can drop 3 or 4 questions on you I’d appreciate it. If not at least I can extend wishes that no matter the day enjoy whatever it is you’re thankful for. Oh yeah the silver spoon thing was aimed at well off spoiled oligarchs railing against socialism. I actually think the folks in the middle just want a fair shake and have to deal with the ends of the political spectrum.

“Elric I’m getting ready to be off site for the T day thing. I have to say that the next election in Venezuela is a big deal for me. More so for the Venezuelan people though. On a relative note Ahmadinejads Latin American tour is of some interest. Although he received a more than decent reception in Brazil there are actually a lot of positives there. Just saying I’m looking to see what else shakes out of that,especially since I kind of like Lulu and think Brazil growing is a good thing.Stay frosty and have a good T-Day.”

Lulu is a racist but I agree on the next election. Im sure Hugo will have his Latino ACORN goons out in force. I hope it goes well though. I hate tyranny where ever it rears its ugly head.

You and your family have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving Alfie.

22. Yuca says:

Elric, you have a big problem.

Under the Sharia Law, “dhimmi” is a term that connotes an obligation of the state to protect the individual, including the individual’s life, property, and freedom of religion and worship, and required loyalty to the empire. They are not “slaves”, maybe servants. Second, we always find in the Muslim world very early signs of intercultural tolerance and acceptance, like Toledo, Spain, under the Caliphate of Cordoba, before 1080, a place of coexistence of Christian, Jewish and Moorish cultures. That is something that the British has just learned recently three centuries ago, and US is still dealing to learn that. So who is more sophisticated and advance? No that one that has more bombs for sure.

I am really enjoying the learning of such illuminating chav like you.

By the way, the president of Brazil is named Lula, not Lulu.

“Under the Sharia Law, “dhimmi” is a term that connotes an obligation of the state to protect the individual, including the individual’s life, property, and freedom of religion and worship, and required loyalty to the empire. They are not “slaves”, maybe servants.”

Why would a non muslim need “protection”?

“Second, we always find in the Muslim world very early signs of intercultural tolerance and acceptance, like Toledo, Spain, under the Caliphate of Cordoba, before 1080, a place of coexistence of Christian, Jewish and Moorish cultures.”

What were muslims doing in Spain in the first place? Spreading “tolerance”?

“That is something that the British has just learned recently three centuries ago, and US is still dealing to learn that. So who is more sophisticated and advance? No that one that has more bombs for sure.”

muslims in the West are treated a whole lot better than non muslims in islamic lands. My money is on the west.

“You said: “the Islamic culture went stagnant and finally regressed”, how you measure that? how do you imagine or understand that? in which direction is progress and in which direction is regression? Let me guess, progress is following the ass of US, and regression means any other direction, right? Thanks for such “US progress” we are at the brink of global catastrophe. Hopefully, Barack Hussein Obama can help you in that respect.”

I mean, once they depleted the dhimmi braintrust, all their so called advancements stop coming. And as for al-Thuggy, he is a leftist, he is for destroying, not creating.

“I am really enjoying the learning of such illuminating chav like you.”

I enjoy teaching a leftist jackass like yourself.

“By the way, the president of Brazil is named Lula, not Lulu.”

I dont really give a damn what the leftist racist is called.

24. Yuca says:

Enrica, Enron, Elry99 or Elras66, or whatever you dear to call yourself, doesn’t matter,

You forgot to comment my line about Barack Hussein Obama. I am really impressed with all your rational effort to made clear your ideas, doing copy+paste and then a circular question back. Wow, that is a critic! I knew it, you deserve the Pulitzer. But you have made questions and there some answers.

Why would a non Muslim need “protection”? I just give you the definition of the term dhimmi that you are misusing on purpose or in negligence. On the other hand, that political practice was centuries ago against racism, a practice that prevailed in other regions, by the way, US is a good example of how painful that lack of “protection” can be. You know the Ku Klux Klan (KKK), don’t you?

What were Muslims doing in Spain in the first place? Spreading “tolerance”? There were doing what all Empires does, spreading (sometimes enforced) their cultural values, as US is doing in Iraq and Afghanistan, spreading “democracy” in the US style, by force of course.

Your money is on the west, but your profits are coming from the east and the south, check your account.

Again, your limits show me the opportunities.

“You forgot to comment my line about Barack Hussein Obama.”

Actually I did dumbass, try reading, it really helps.

“I just give you the definition of the term dhimmi that you are misusing on purpose or in negligence.”

You gave the leftist politically correct term. Again, why would a dhimmi need “protection” from the islamic mafia?

“There were doing what all Empires does, spreading (sometimes enforced) their cultural values, as US is doing in Iraq and Afghanistan, spreading “democracy” in the US style, by force of course.”

So islam is an empire? Well now we are getting somewhere Chuckles

“As for al-Thuggy, “he is for destroying, not creating”, that is his opinion, you have to open your mind out of your cultural box and start appreciating the richness in the difference and respect them, not alienated everybody behind you ass.”

I dont have to respect tyranny jackass. I know thats what leftist like to do, but not ones who respect freedom.

Hugo Chavez, Venezuela’s president, has branded Israel a murderous agent of the US during a visit to Caracas by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, his Iranian counterpart.

Chavez’s comments came after remarks earlier this month by Shimon Peres, the Israeli president, who said during a visit to South America that the Venezuelan leader and Ahmadinejad’s days in power may be numbered.

I guess the clown didnt get the word that al-Thuggy hate’s Israel just like he does.

yeah I have say for me that on the Lula/Lulu thing it is more often than not a subconscious slip up.Kind of like when Sen Ted Kennedy (D MA-dec.) introduced Barack Hussein Obama as Osama Bin Laden.I have intentionally used Lulu though to capture the spirit of something he’s said or done though. Play on words.

What happened to Yuca? Chavez shut down his Internet?

29. Yuca says:

Enrica,

Have you missed me? Please don’t get stress ending with your foot in your mouth. Regarding you circular argumentation just for the shake of being argumentative, that doesn’t make any sense to me. You keep confusing yourself messing events from the past with contingencies in the present, as if they were equivalents or simultaneous. You have a personal obsession with a guy call al-Thuggy, which nobody knows, maybe is your former boyfriend, who knows? At the end, you can keep doing your boring one-pin-fixed idea, without any progress. By mixing in one bag all the diversity that in the word existed, you are blocking the understanding of the very things you hate the most.

Please don’t be so hopeless.

Imagine that. The leftist came back just to say nothing.

31. Yuca says:

Alfie,

Thanks for the clarification and your good wishes. Did you spend a nice Thanksgiving Day? Don’t forget to comment my last message to you.

Yuca.Yes the holiday was very nice. Quality family time and no politics. As for commenting on your last comment directed at me.
    I don’t really know what I can say. I respect that I have a different view from others and am glad to enter into a conversation and all that. Further follow up would be too lengthy. I also have to confess that upon rereading your comment I just don’t know what you want me to tackle.
    uickly I’ll say the following:
    Tha Taliban was a minority of a subsect of Pashtuns headquartered out of Kandahar. They were fortified by masses of Afghanis from Pakistani refugee camps and brainwashed by Pakistani extremist madrassas. They never represented the true spirit/views of the Afghan people and far from being the possible liberators they became just the next batch of oppressors.Ergo I am correct when I say they were not a true collection of the various tribes of Afghanistan.
    As for my history knowledge. You said yourself regards the Bush Blair parallel that we should wait and see. I agree. My money just happens to be on the line that Venezuela just doesn’t matter to international foreign policy,Hugo is losing his grip as evidenced by the new center left/center electoral victories and that Brazil is surging in its international importance.
    Also the relative parallels between Hugo and Hitler. Given the latters record people instantly recoil when a comparison is made. I’m NOT saying Venezuela is headed for genocidal militancy. I am saying that Hugo IS a dictator until he leaves office via the democratic process. Something he is fighting against. That what you call grassroots PSUV is eerily reminiscent of the National Socialists. That Alo Presidente marathons are similar to Nuremberg,Munich,Berlin, Moscow,Pyonyang. Perhaps the new national community based police will be a godsend for the people. I’m thinking opposition folks have a lot to worry about with them around.

Oh and on the Uribe thing. Yeah I know he’s got blood and dirt on his hands. That doesn’t mean he’s not the sitting president of Colombia though,as opposed to Chavez who is the sitting president of Venezuela.
    The Colombia conflict is not the source of regional unrest some want to paint it as. Nor is Colombia the sole source of cocaine and other illicit narcotics,drugs etc.