Blame it on Rio!

I won’t play the “Obama Sucks” card. In fact if anyone on the Right goes that route I’ll seriously just have to get drunk and sulk all weekend.

I had predicted Rio getting the Games of 2016 and came a pubie from posting on it. Well better late than never and better to take the In2thefray look at the politics of it.

Sure Chicago is corrupt but perhaps there is hope that it just isn’t IOC level corrupt.

Obama plugged for the Games but he really didn’t have a chance. As much as people want to have everyone believe the World loves him-they don’t.This is just another step in what will be a llllooonnnnngggg course of anti America new world order shit.

Lulu and the tanned ones get the nod for a laundry list of reasons. The international set gets points for having some guts getting outside the box but I’m not buying the idea they are now somehow so noble.

So if I am forced to get shattered this weekend there are two things you can do.

#1 Rest assured I will not drink and drive.

#2 You can blame it on Rio.

1. The Red Pill says:

Obama sucks because he wasted his time, and our money, for a losing cause.

A Chicago olympics is not amung the pressing issues that Americans discuss around the dinner table. I thought those were the only issues Barry was interested in.

Just proves how incompetent and arrogant Thuggy is.

Made my weekend

3. steph says:

“Obama plugged for the Games but he really didn’t have a chance.”

Isn’t that part of the problem? Chicago was the first finalist to be rejected and for obvious reasons:

a) America is, by and large, despised globally
    b) questions over American politicisation
    c) Salt Lake city (corruption)
    d) Atlanta (terrible games)
    e) lack of federal support
    f) technically poor bid

He should have encouraged Chicago to withdraw it’s bid or at least stayed away from it. Now he will be seen as campaigning against the Madrid (Europe Union) bid, which really ought to have won. That’s not going to be forgotten.

Steph
    a.) check
    b.) Curious if you’d expand on that
    c.) corruption and Olympics is a given regardless of the location. Seriously didn’t London spend millions on a design that a two year old coud’ve coughed up for free and I heard it caused seizures in some folks. Too funny. Opposite but equally despicable to the corruption linked to the Games is the repression. China forcing people elsewhere for example.
    d.) ehhh
    e.) We jus don’t do that and that sets us apart from the rest of the world. Thats a good as well as bad thing imo
    f.) agreed. from what little I saw it really seemed iffy at best. This isn’t a convention or a big speech. Due to my EMS past I had some serious insider looks at Atlanta and SLC. It is intense what the host needs to pony up
    I thought Rio was in the lead all along for the simple “first time” bit. Had not followed the story of the others. Madrid really have a chance though ? Barcelona not too long ago,London coming. The IOC I think may need to explore its eurocentricity. it’s kind of like the Catholic Church. Sooner or later they too will have to pick someone from Latin America. thx

5. freedomofusa says:

Obama took time off work to try to make Americas WORST city even worse. Gotta love him. Hold on, I am playing cards right now. The Obama Sucks card just came into my hand, and I am playing it. Time to start drinking.

6. freedomofusa says:

the funny part is… I am not on the right. I am just right.

Why should Spain get 2 so close together? Especially when Londonistan has the 2012 games.

I didn’t say you were on the right. I won’t say you’re wrong either. I checked the vid you had and did some follow up of the protests. Saw a lot of socialist linkage. You there ? no matter. I find it odd and cool how a subject can bring people from different sides together.
    I find the IOC yucky to say the least. I’m chilling the beers no matter what right now. thx.

9. steph says:

B) America has indicating that Iranian athletes might not be allowed to compete in any future Chicago Games, which is not what the IOC is looking to hear especially as it blames America for the Moscow and LA non-contested Games, and wasn’t impressed with their attitude towards the Beijing Olympics.

c) The IOC is monumentally corrupt and many bids were as corrupt as the Salt Lake City one but it was exposed in Salt Lake City.

d) Atlanta was a terrible games for the athletes and spectators. If Coke wasn’t based there, it would never have been chosen as a venue.

e) The IOC is a business, they want a cast iron guarantee that no matter what the event runs and they get paid.

10. steph says:

The reason that Madrid was a strong contender, despite Europe Athens and London, is that it was head and shoulder the best candidate, and had a very strong bid for the 2012 Olympics. Madrid has also hosted Espana 82, which was considered one of the best world cups ever, and Barcelona hosted the 1992 Summer Games, which were also a phenomenal success. The fact that mainland Europe has hosted so many World cups and Olympic games is that they’re commercial viable for the sponsors, good for spectators and good for athletes. Not many fans from other countries travelled to China or America.

Rio is a sentimental choice but will probably be a disaster, it only got it on the basis that it will be the first South American city to host the games. By that rationale the 2020 summer Olympics ought to be held in Antarctica.

I cant wait for the Londonistan one when islamic nations start pushing for different dates because it will fall during Ram-a-bomb. 🙂

12. steph says:

@ Elric

And you were doing so well. You almost managed to engage in any conversation without making some imbecilic Islamophobic rant but you just couldn’t manage it. Do you think you suffer from a form of tourettes or are you just a monumental bore?

“You almost managed to engage in any conversation without making some imbecilic Islamophobic rant but you just couldn’t manage it.”

What did I say that was “islamophobic? And what does the term exactly mean. I know you wont answer. No one does when I ask what the term exactly means.

14. steph says:

@ Elric

Now to get back to the topic: I think Madrid should have won the 2012 Olympics and not London. I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if the 2012 Games turned out to be an utter shambles.

“A xenophobic hatred of Islam or of Muslims. Comments like “Londonistan” and “Ram-a-bomb” being classic examples.”

So those 2 terms equal a “xenophobic” hatred? Whats “xenophobic”. Got that definition and examples.

“I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if the 2012 Games turned out to be an utter shambles.”

It will when muslims start pushing different dates because it falls during Ram-a-bomb. Plus the fact that the United Kaliphate is set to release some harded jihadists so harden jihadists not in prison dont get more extreme. Hopefully the US has enough sense to boycott the games over that insanity.

Steph
    I don’t know how commercially viable the Olympics could’ve been for the USA. Given the past games and the examples of say Athens and Beijings cost overruns I can’t see anyone other than vendors and secondary entities making money. The taxpayers and general public would’ve been totally screwed in Chicago. That’s what really drives me nuts.
    As far as Madrid am I very wrong in saying I can see where the commuter friendly nature of the various Euro Rail systems makes the big events more readily available to those looking to drop some cash.
    I haven’t looked into the London Games,are they going to be restricted to London proper ?

Elric that was one far out comment by almost any standard.
    #1 the boycotting of games by the USA is not gonna happen at least not London 2012.
    #2 I imagine a number of Britons are scratching their heads regards the release of the nutters. I know I’ve seen a number of stories that highlight that. I hope for the people of Britain these guys are being released into a sting operation or something.
    #3 I’m pretty confident that the muslim nations with olympians are actually looking forward to the London Games. Some with political agendas and others with a strong desire to be in a showcase Western city.
    #4 As much as the PC lunacy is real in many places including Britain (holocaust text revisions/removal?) the $ or should I say £ or € will trump PC regards the schedule.

1. I didnt say we would, just that we should. Its going to make Munich look like a walk in the park.

2. Brits are used to this insanity by their islamic appeasing government. Goes on all the time. I dont call it the United Kaliphate for nothing. Its so bad even the Pakis are complaining about it.

3. And Im pretty confident they will push for a schedule change considering its Londonistan.

4. You really have no idea how imbeded this dhimmism is in the UK, do you? The release of these jihadists should give you a clue.

19. steph says:

Alfie

Your absolutely right Madrid is very commuter friendly to Europeans because of land and rail access, so is London but it will be poorly organised and very expensive. The host city doesn’t make money but plenty of European businesses, including mine, will.

Guess you couldnt define “xenophobic” and give examples