In2 Classic Teddy…

Being a citizen of the Bay State I am being given a front row seat to the bullshit festival that is the the death and mourning of Senator Edward Kennedy.

I say it’s bullshit not out of pure partisanship nor even the innate anti Kennedy genetics I am stricken with. I say it out of reality.

The spin underway regards him being the lion of the Senate. What a big load that is. He was always the Liberal Lion but when you’re trying to ship someone down the river of infamy I guess the truth takes the keel not the rudder. Now being that he was indeed a guy that pursued liberal agendas even if it meant getting watered down stuff via bipartisan support you’d think his fans would champion the whole “L”word thing.

Speaking of that bipartisanship jive. Am I the only guy who is wetting his pants in laughter that nobody is putting forth his only real accomplishment ???!!! That’s right folks he was a big cahuna on No Child Left Behind. Unions and stereotypical Dems hate that beast so I don’t imagine that’ll be part of any epitaphs.’

Speaking ill of the dead is a practice done in poor taste. Well get ready to gag on this baby. Teddy was the lesser son. This truth was actually refuted by Time who called him the brother that mattered most. Papa Joe was a liquor running war profiteer megalomaniac that settled on John hitting the bigs after Joey Jr got himself killed. Fuck he almost had to settle for Robert over the sickly Teddy whence JFK got splashed in PT 109. Teddy was good for two things. Giving family loyalty and benefitting from it.

Mary Jo splashed courtesy of Teddy and the family came to the rescue. Little Willie rapes someone and Teddy steps and don’t forget the unprecedented misuse of US Navy ships to look for John” I can’t fly” Jr.

1. *chuckles*
    Testify brother!

2. The Red Pill says:

I’ve been eagerly awaiting this post, Alfie. It didn’t disappoint.

As I was watching the BS today, I said to the TV “Say ‘hi’ to Mary Jo for us, Teddy!”

I also wished they would have had to drive by (or better yet, over) the Chappaquiddick bridge.

3. Victoria says:

I have been watching and waiting Alfie…knowing you were on Fraycation but hoping the BS festival that is being splashed on every paper and newstation in MA would send running to your computer! Kudos, you are spot on! It is no doubt that the Dems will retain control but at the very least, the Camelot dynasty is dead!

4. The Red Pill says:

“And there’s the classic rub to close. His dying wish was for the Commonwealths Democrat Party machine to reviolate state law and appoint an interim Senator thus assuring (as if it actually could go another way) the Dems keep the 60 in DC.”

Alfie, this seems to be a negative view of this issue, which is contrary to the opinion you seem to be sharing at my blog.

Am I misunderstanding something somewhere?

Red I loathe the Beacon Hill shenanigans and the little kernel from twc regards the Dems being wrong is something I felt begged to be touched on.
    I firmly believe in appointed senators. Further regards the conversation at your post,I believe illnesses etc. should have a time line where either a permanent or temporary Senator should be appointed. I seem to remember some buzz not to long ago about a senator from the Dakotas or that area that was absent due to illness and people wanted representation.
    So to clear up any confusion. I believe in appointed senators period as I’m actually opposed to the popular election thereof. I believe senators should be replaced in times of death or other form of incapacity.

I actually wished he would have lingered on. His not being able to legislate due to his illness was the best service he ever did for the country.

7. Curator says:

Why do conservatives get some obscene pleasure out of disrespecting the dead? You are thankful and celebrate the death of Ted Kennedy, you attack the widows of 9/11 victims, and you protest and picket outside a soldiers funeral using it as a catalyst for your “God Hates Fags” message. If you’re going to let the craziest voices speak for your side, then you really must be just as crazy! “Speaking ill of the dead is a practice done in poor taste”, and is a skill that the conservative Right has gotten very good at. “Unions and stereotypical Dems hate NCLB?” So why have Democrats asked for tougher testing standards while the GOP wants to roll back federal mandates for testing students? You don’t have a clue what your talking about here do you?

“…unprecedented misuse of US Navy ships to look for John” I can’t fly” Jr” Tell me genius why did the Navy use their resources to look for remains of TWA 800? Why are they sending resources to search for Air France flight 447? Again…do you just make shit up?

Everybody admits that Kennedy’s behavior the night of and the days after Kopechne was killed was inexcusable. Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime, for which Kennedy plead guilty. He said he made repeated attempt to swim down to the car but failed. His claims that he was not drunk couldn’t be proven because he left the scene of the accident, making a breathylizer or blood test impossible.

The Lubbock, Texas police failed to follow procedures by not giving a teen-age Laura Bush the required breathylizer or blood test after she blew through a stop sign killing a star athlete at her high school. Did she get away with manslaughter? Was she as criminally negligent? So Laura Bush killed a kid, George Bush got nailed for DUI and likely snorted half a pound of coke before he was 40, George Senior had a mistress, Prescott Bush palled around with Nazis, Republican Strom Thurmond fathered a black child out of wedlock which by South Carolina law was statutory rape. People make choices in their lives that may or may not say much about them.

Do you all have the same level of contempt for conservatives who get off because of their rich families?

I don’t think Ted Kennedy shied away from any of the tragedies of his life and it probably made him a better man for it, but go ahead and dance your mad jigs on his still-warm corpse. It must make you feel good, but I see no point in such disrespect.

Curator : Yeah there is a BIG difference between the NAVY looking for a hundred people as opposed to three. Also in the Kennedy case the Navy was made to pony up a ship used for finding distressed submarines.
    The rhetoric inspired nonsense you accuse of others of is perhaps more easily seen if you’d just look in the mirror.
    As far as NCLB…maybe where you live but in my state the dems and teachers hate NCLB. Also I seem to remember Obama taking shit for suggesting merit pay and better testing and it wasn’t from republicans. I’m not making anything up,you however seem to be in partisan denial.

Curator the more I read your comment the more I pity your dumb ass. You really think going tit for tat on which party has bigger shitbags is a productive thing? FDR and JFK had mistresses too. The post was about the spin that was initiated for Teddy. I know folks like you and Rutherford like his accomplishments. That’s ok,really. I disagree,in fact I’d take the stand that many of those accomplishments are of little real value.
    Seriously dude you’re off base here. You’re tilting at windmills man. You’ve missed the point completely

“don’t think Ted Kennedy shied away from any of the tragedies of his life”

Why is leaving a woman to drown a tragedy for Dead Ted? It was for the women’s family. The swimmer made his choice. Wasnt no tragedy for him. And yes he did shy away from it. Even cracked jokes about it. I hope his punishment is to be put in a car and drown everyday for eternity.

11. The Red Pill says:

“attack the widows of 9/11 victims” – Done by a fringe group.

“you protest and picket outside a soldiers funeral using it as a catalyst for your “God Hates Fags” message” – Done by a fringe group.

Leave the poor Straw Man alone, Curator.

Those are fringe groups that don’t represent the overall ideals of conservatives, and you know it.

Are you a Truther? By your logic, you must be.