In2 an Obama prediction…

The story and what is behind it as well as what is now ahead are all bigger than Obama. His opponents knew this all along as we saw his mortal-ness from day one. Those that continue to view him on high do so at their own peril. Then again those that kool aided out aren’t likely to ever occupy the plane of reality. He has the aptitude for leadership but is quickly eroding his ability to do much. Sane folks can see why he’s getting so ancy about healthcare now. He’ll likely look to FP,Iraq most likely to score his needed win in the fall since healthcare reform is likely to die this summer.

I said that in a comment over at Rutherfords. I thought on it for about as long as it takes to finish a cup of coffee and decided to expand on it.

The story is the Cambridge PD,Gates,”acted stupidly” storm. A storm it surely is as it fell upon a cycle begging for something other than health care reform and it went category 4 pretty much. It is still grabbing headlines and doing so in a fashion that shows the WH is on defense. Not a good place to go. Unfortunately some Michigan GOP dickhead is about to help the away team by proposing a measure requiring an apology from the President. Hopefully that story doesn’t have legs but is something Obama surrogates could clearly use to stir the racism pot. To what end ? It’s a pretty foolish choice but so is demanding an apology and attempting to create the bigger and better wedge issue.

I predict this story and it’s related fallout has about 10-14 days of life left in it. That is comparable to an eternity when you think about the possible chain reactions that could occur. I’m not for the doomsday stuff though so I’m going with it dying.

The Predictions.

• The 2010 definitely and 2012 elections will see an effort to showcase police displeasure over the Dems. Let’s face it we’re broke so another Quinn Bill ain’t gonna happen.mmmm??
  • Obama has lost the race here. Healthcare reform will die this summer and he will have to go for a quick win. Being a (D) one would think he’d go domestic issue. I think he’ll announce a ratcheted up withdrawal/homecoming of overseas troops. I also see a couple of anti Bush policy executive orders in the crystal ball.
  • Obamabots will launch an offensive very soon.This one is a bit fuzzy. I can’t really be sure it’s an offensive action or just a perverted defensive one. The latter could transpire if fringe GOPers feel emboldened by false victories and stretch themselves on bogus sound bites as opposed to substance laden alternatives. One way or another Soros and others will be cracking open the check books and the nutters are a comin.

1. The Red Pill says:

” I think he’ll announce a ratcheted up withdrawal/homecoming of overseas troops.”

Assuming you are talking Iraq, wouldn’t that be breaking the agreement reached by Bush and Maliki?

It would be but I don’t think that matters too BHO. Also there is some news out of Afghanistan that the Karzai government wants some rule changes,could be a great opp.

3. The Red Pill says:

Yeah, and since winning the war in Afghanistan is no longer a priority for this administration, you are probably right.

I predict he will continue screwing over this country

Well, as I said over in my neck of the woods, I do not think health care will die this summer. Health care reform is Obama’s Lyndon Johnson moment. He will not let it die. Some form of health care reform, no matter how superficial will pass by year end so Obama can put that notch in his belt. All he has to do now is compromise enough to get the Dem’s back in the tent. He doesn’t need a lot of GOP’ers to get this done.

If I understand you right, Alfie, you find the Congressman’s draft of a “make Obama apologize to Crowley” resolution pretty absurd. On this I fully agree.

I’m puzzled why you think we’ve given up on Afghanistan. Don’t we have troop increases in plan? Could you elaborate a bit?

7. The Red Pill says:

Obama recently stated that “victory” in Afghanistan is not a priority. The priority now is just to weaken the Taliban and Al Qaeda so that they aren’t a threat to the US.

And Gates pretty much said that we have to be done by next summer, or public opinion for the war will force us out.

“Health care reform is Obama’s Lyndon Johnson moment.”

“Some form of health care reform, no matter how superficial will pass by year end so Obama can put that notch in his belt.”

Yes, its all about Thuggy, not whats best for America.

RedPill & R Yeah there it is. Also Helmand is a tough spot that is more about narco traffic than honest Taliban advances. there are a ton of people on the bad guy side invested in operations in that region. twc made a post hinting at that and his linked article completely left out any real insight the British could/probably have offered from their time there. I think Obama will look for a win in the headlines with a cut. I also doubt the USA ability to continue over there which will only increase as the Administration has it’s Nixon moment of ratcheting up Iraqi-nization and Afghani-nization of the wars. And yeah R that’s a direct glove throw down on your LBJ moment.
    Health care reform will fail simply because Obama doesn’t have the brashness and no matter what Elric says thuggery of LBJ. I’d also hesitate from selecting the installation of the Great Society on the people as anything I’d like to compare health care reform to. There in lies the problem though. Obamas foot soldiers only know and want the Great Society shit. The potential of actually using the Romney MA model and McCain pay model plus the old Reagan Bush HSA model is what even Obama wants but can’t reconcile the moonbats to. No they want government review boards like Britains NICE. People point that the GOP are the ones holding back reform. I don’t accept that. I see the GOP as not being afforded any respect on some minor points. I see the uber Left as being the biggest sticking point. If there is even lip service reform by years end it’ll be to the detriment of the nation and the Administration. The former I think is wrong and the latter just too juicy. Let me get a napkin. Amen

LBJ was a Thug too. I dont defend these past leftist radicals like FDR, LBJ and Woodrow Wilson. They are the ones that got this marxist ball rolling.

Bam!!!!!

ABOARD A U.S. MILITARY AIRPLANE – U.S. Defence Secretary Robert Gates said Wednesday he sees “some chance of a modest acceleration” in the pace of U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq.

That’s all over the place I saw it via a Yahoo AP feed. Damn I love it when I’m right.