In2 Just Wondering…

Chrysler Fiat.
So the merger won’t prevent a trip down Chapter 11 highway but I’m one that is wondering what it will do.

I do believe, we the people of these United States, should take the time too learn some Italian in the spirit of the merger though.

Ciao: that means hello but I’m told it works for goodbye too
Arrivederci: That’s the formal “goodbye”. A winner.

So there is the language lesson for the American taxpayer. With billions of dollars poured into Chrysler and nothing to show for it. With really no way any plan the new Detroit duo dream up being able to attack Toyota,Hyundai or even Ford we can all kiss our money goodbye.

I am so glad Obama is “succeeding”; arent you?

I also wonder why you replied to my posts on the “rant thread” and then immediately closed it. 🙂

I’m actually revamping and will be putting up a new page. It was originally my intent to have a different one every month closing and opening on and on. Closing comments helps huge on blocking spam. It wasn’t personal just practical.

Just seemed………………like such a coincidence. You know, they were sitting around a few days, then you respond and then right after, the comments are closed. 🙂

Interesting article

Since the rant thread is closed I have to post it here. Sorry

6. steph says:

On one of your earlier posts I said that this is what Chrysler, GM and Ford should be doing, not being bailed out. The American taxpayer might recover the loan but it should never have been given in the first place. It wasn’t needed and hasn’t helped stave off bankruptcy. All it’s done is saddle Chrysler with a huge debt that it might not be able to repay. Sergio Marchionne is effectively proposing the end of Chrysler. Under the terms of this deal, Chrysler will be making Fiats in it’s plants (no bad thing – Fiats are good cars), but if they don’t repay the loan, Fiat will walkway but if they do pay it back Fiat has an option to buy a controlling interest in the company. If it’s a choice between Chrysler being Italian owned or going under and the work force made redundant, surely Italian ownership is best?

Ciao is a colloquial salutation or valediction. Arrivederci is a formal valediction but you use it when you expect to see the person again, the word you want is addio.

This just in….ADDIO is the word we should use. Thanks Steph.
    I’m not blaming FIAT or the Italians nor am I upset about a foreign national having such a benefit (hahaha benefit) of owning an American legacy. I’m all about the tax payer having been soaked and that the private sector company doing what it should’ve done with my cash.
    I’ve looked at the new FIATs. They seem ok but I wonder how they’d transition to the US market. I also have to say that FIAT previous sojourn into the States was pathetic. FIAT quickly became an acronym Fix It Again Tony and it was about a rather unreliable and costly repair needy vehicle. It’ll possibly have a rep to overcome and it won’t be cleansed by labeling them Dodge or Chrysler.

8. steph says:

@ Alfie

I agree the bailout was idiotic but it was principally to stop Chrysler from falling into foreign ownership not to protect jobs. I doubt Marchionne cares about the Chrysler name, he wants to mass produce fiats in America.

The fix it again Tony joke was an American slur at a superior foreign competitor, which had no basis, you’ve only got to look at their awards. The current Fiat Nuova 500 is also widely regarded as the best city car on the market. So I don’t think jokes about Fiat’s reliability will last but image could still be a problem because American’s don’t tend to like small cars. But Fiat’s are pussy mobiles, so they will be looking mainly at the female market.

Steph not for nothing but I personally have pushed two Fiats in my time. One an Army buddy of mine II pushed more than I rode. As for us yanks and our cars. If it means anything Ford = Fixed or repaired daily,found on road dead,flip over read directions. I won’t go with what Pontiac stood for. I’ve driven some Fords, abused them and they did ok.
    I don’t mean t assail your pride just saying.
    I will add this wonder. How is a broke company that is closing factories supposed to retool to the point to launch the Fiat models in time to save itself ???
    btw as for the pussy car bit. i lol. it also reminded me of when Ford dreamed up a car and called it the Probe. It was supposedly a chick car and they couldn’t figure out why it didn’t sell. The joke was it would’ve been about the same as Chevy coming out with the Chevy Speculum. On Chevy let’s remember how the wildly popular Nova flopped when introduced in Latin America. The freakin geniuses never thought about the No Go translation.

10. steph says:

@ Alfie

It’s not a pride thing, I don’t drive a Fiat, I drive a Lamborghini, but Fiat are world renowned for the quality of their cars that doesn’t mean they won’t ever breakdown, and on the highway I think they’re death traps.