I think the final analysis of this subject goes a little like this.
1) The ACA will remain the law until such time as the People make their leaders listen. I don’t hold much confidence in that since every entitlement program ever initiated in the USA has stayed in effect in one way or another.
2) ACA enrollment will take time but regardless of the website the sign ups,government growth and everything else will roll on.
3) In time the People will forget about what has been put upon them and just go about life,completely unaware that a numb of issues in their lives and their children’s lives are damaged forever.
4) Over time the masses will become complacent,compliant and even supportive of what comes from this.
5) Insurance companies WILL MAKE TONS AND TONS OF MONEY
6) Spin doctors will persist with the pro O Care ones winning the day.
7) The tax argument which was illegally drafted in the Supreme Court will become the harshest precedent US society will ever face. I hope the liberals remember when the sword is tipping up against their throats.
8) I find it ironic and delicious that single payer is actually less likely to occur anytime soon than in any other time in US history. Contrary to those that say ACA will usher it [single] in I believe the forced commerce will actually keep it out. One of the ways I find this to be true is that individuals over the very short term will be forced to carry their own health insurance via exchanges and twisted arrangements with their employers. this will come in the form of CDHC plans and will also dawn very soon under the guise of “portability plans” which will find GOP support.
9) Of all my predictions this one is the strongest I believe in. We are about to experience an acceleration of cash and class divide that will bring memories of the worse times flooding back. We’re talking early 20th Century on steroids.
I know my scores on procrastinations are in total no more than .500 batting. I missed the Romney election by a mile and then some and Hugo Chavez did everything I thought he would but start a conflict I was sure he’d do. Still I think the writing is on the wall on this one and even a tea leaf reading crank like me can see it for what its worth.
Will the USA survive it? Will it be a USA worth caring if it does?